Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

February 12th, 2012 13:00

Dell V305 Printer error: Cartridge Error

Hi.  Out of the blue, my printer started displaying the message "Cartridge Error. Consult User's Guide.  I did 'consult the guide', however, it tells me to contact Dell......ha.   :emotion-7:

I have unplugged the 2 cords from the back of the printer, uninstalled the cartridges, plugged it back in, put the cartridges back in, etc.   It is still displaying the message.  I use a USB cord, not wireless.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 12th, 2012 14:00

gcaide,

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer.

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 9 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 9 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side) color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side) color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

12 Posts

February 12th, 2012 15:00

Hi.  Thanks for the above, however, it did not work.  As soon as I plugged the 2 things back in, the error message came on.   ??   I still went ahead and removed both cartridges one by one, but that did nothing.   Same message still there.

12 Posts

February 12th, 2012 15:00

Hi.  I forgot to mention I got both cartridges at Walmart and have had them for about a month or so, now.  They were working fine until today.

12 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 14:00

Me again.   Bought a new printer......     Now, I get the message "Windows Service Installer" cannot be accessed!   Any ideas on that?   What forum should that be under?   uggg

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2012 17:00

gcaide,

"Windows Service Installer" cannot be accessed!

Try reading THIS ARTICLE. You can use the FixIt from Microsoft.

Rick

12 Posts

This time I bought an HP printer......Deskjet 2050.   My computer is an Dell Inspiron 350-- IE 9---Windows Vista X64 bit Home Premium

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

gcaide,

You said...

Me again.   Bought a new printer

Is this the same make and model of printer?

Make and model of your computer and operating system, please.

Rick

1 Message

August 25th, 2012 20:00

I also have a Dell V305 using a USB.   I have had no trouble with this printer until today - got the "Left Cartridge Error"

Went down to Staples and picked up a new cartridge - same problem - HELP!!!

1 Message

October 9th, 2012 15:00

I too have this same problem as gcaide does. I followed the instructions from the reply but I didn't get anywhere. I still have the same message and can not use the printer. Please help.......

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 10th, 2012 04:00

Hi SallyJappy,

If you have a problem with the cartridge error message on the printer. Try the below steps.

1. Load the paper in the printer.
  2. Use the left and right Arrow buttons to scroll to MAINTENANCE, and then press the Select button.
  3. Use the left and right Arrow buttons to scroll to Align Cartridges, and then press the Select button.

After these steps are performed, a page prints. The ink cartridge aligns when the page prints.

If the issue still persists then restore the printer to its factory default settings by performing the following steps:

1. Turn of the printer, wait for 30 seconds Turn on the printer.
  2. From the operator panel, use the left and right Arrow buttons Image of arrow buttons. to scroll to SETUP, and then press the Select button Image of select button..
  3. Use the left and right Arrow buttons Image of arrow buttons. to scroll to Defaults, and then press the Select button Image of select button..
  4. Use the left and right Arrow buttons Image of arrow buttons. to scroll to Set Defaults, and then press the Select button Image of select button..
  5. Use the left and right Arrow buttons Image of arrow buttons. to scroll to Use Factory, and then press the Select button Image of select button..
  6. Select the correct language and country. check for any errors.

If the problem still persists then try replacing the ink cartridge and check.

Please post the results.

April 23rd, 2014 05:00

None of the suggestions work for my printer with the same problem, on all the threads I've read, havent seen any where their problems have actually been resolved. Never buying from dell again, that's for sure. I've read the suggestion, "unplug and plug in again" about 20 times in these posts, doesnt seem to have worked for anyone as far as I can see. Terrible product

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 23rd, 2014 08:00

bethdelliscrap,

Are you using a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge, refilled cartridge or a generic cartridge?

Rick

3 Posts

June 4th, 2014 01:00

Hi,   I have tried the above but it wont let me go to maintenance screen I unplug and the cartridge error wont go away.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 4th, 2014 04:00

ClaireDon,

Are you using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges, generic or refilled cartridges?

Try unplugging the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick for 60 seconds. This should reset any error message the printer is getting.

Rick

3 Posts

June 4th, 2014 05:00

Hi Rick,

I have done that and the cartridge error is still there :-(

No Events found!