Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 29th, 2009 15:00

Dell V305 & V305w All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java  

I recommend that you use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get the best communications between the printer and all the computers.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer.

If using Windows 7 also try...Manual Printer Driver Removal

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP/Vista/Windows 7 32-bit drivers

XP/Vista/Windows 7 64-bit drivers

For Windows 7, with the computer online, you should be able to insert the Dell V305 Printer disk, then install the printer. It will check for updates, then follow the instructions. 

Other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on). Please make sure your computer is online when installing the drivers.

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 29th, 2009 15:00

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 9 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 9 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

3 Posts

December 12th, 2009 11:00

In trying to get Dell V305 printer all in one printer to be able to scan with new Dell inspirion 64-bit machine, it indicates you need Microsoft .Net framework 2.0 but when you try to download that you get an error message saying it is not compatible with a 64-bit machine.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 12th, 2009 12:00

1 Message

January 8th, 2010 14:00

Hey PudyOne

My V305 keeps saying "Wireless Adapter Detected". How do I switch the settings to use a USB on the printer itself?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 8th, 2010 18:00

Tonstone,

Go to the link below. Follow the instructions below and then tell it the printer is connected with a USB Cable. It will tell you how to turn the wireless card off.

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Rick

3 Posts

January 27th, 2010 18:00

Hey Rick,

I have a Dell V305 (Not Wireless) and I want to print to it using a Print Server (Apple Airport Express)

However to begin with the Airport Express does not even detect the Printer. ( It easily detects a HP printer I have and I can print to the HP when connected to the Airport)

I Assigned a static IP to my Apple Airport Express and tried printing directly to that IP (using TCPIP Port for printer) but that doesn't work.

Is network printing possible at all on the Dell V305? are there any specific network printing drivers one can download?

The printer works just fine when connected directly to the computer. Oh and I also tried the Wireless Setup Utility in the Dell Toolbox, but it cant find the printer at the given IP address?

Any ideas?

8 Posts

February 9th, 2010 09:00

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java 

I recommend that you use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get the best communications between the printer and all the computers.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer.

If using Windows 7 also try...Manual Printer Driver Removal

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP/Vista/Windows 7 32-bit drivers

XP/Vista/Windows 7 64-bit drivers

Other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on). Please make sure your computer is online when installing the drivers.

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

If using Windows 7, use the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode. 

Right click on the setup.exe file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to XP or Vista SP2. Then install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Also try reading...

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Rick

5 Posts

March 21st, 2010 15:00

I've had the V305 wireless for over a year. All of a sudden I'm getting the Alignment Problem error message. I've tried everything - reinstalled the printer, reseated the cartridges, unplugged the printer and removed the power package - all without solving the problem. I didn't have new cartridges, so the message to remove tape was obviously not right. I'm out of things to try. Any suggestions are most welcome. Please help a very frustrated Dell owner.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 21st, 2010 16:00

wolftree,

If the Dell Series 9 ink cartridges are old, it's possible they dried out and sensor failed. You can try Cleaning Dell ink cartridges it may or may not work. You'll probably have to get new cartridges, unless you have a problem with the encoder strip. Cleaning the encoder strip (Loud bang from printer carriage)

Rick

2 Posts

February 7th, 2011 01:00

Hi there,

I installed some new printer cartridges which printed a couple of times and then I keep getting a message saying Cartridge Error - Consult User Guide.

I've tried taking out the cartridges and re-inserting them, switching the printer on and off etc - but all with no success.

Any other ideas about how to resolve this problem???

Thanks for reading

Franco

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 7th, 2011 03:00

Franco,

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 9 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 9 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

2 Posts

February 7th, 2011 04:00

Thanks so much for your help Rick, but unfortunately after taking these steps I still get the Cartridge Error message.  It didn't even print the alignment page - just straight to the message on the on-screen display on the printer....

If you can think of anything else to try, please do let me know.

Thanks again

Franco

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 7th, 2011 08:00

Franco,

Are these Dell Series 9 ink cartridges? If so, they could have a defective sensor. Take them back for a REPLACEMENT.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 8th, 2011 16:00

Tony,

Seems you have a Permission problem. I was =reading THIS THREAD and it may seem to match your problem

You probably have to download and run the WPF XBAP Permission Repair Tool

Most problem with the printer communication are firewall and virus program settings.

Rick

7 Posts

February 8th, 2011 16:00

Hi Rick

First of all please bear me and know that I am not a techie.

I too have the problem with the scanner on the v305 where it won't download the applications. I have it 2 years and had no problems until I went to scan something last week.

I followed the instructions set out above and uninstalled the printer. Now when I tried to install the drivers I am getting an error message:

"Windows Presentation Foundation Host has stopped working"

I have searched the internet for a solution to this problem but I have been unable to resolve it due in the main I suppose to not understanding the language.

I did get my printer working again despite not carrying out a full or correct re-install. The printer didn't re-appear in the Programmes menu.

Can you help?

Thanks

Tony

No Events found!