Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2013 04:00

Dell V305 not printing, even both cartridges

Hi y'all!

First time poster here, so just tell me if I'm stepping on any forum boundaries or whatnot. Anyways, here's my problem...

I recently bought a black/colored set of cartridge for my Dell V305. However, after replacing the model with the new cartridges, the system kept telling me that it cannot detect the left (i.e. the black) cartridge. I tried replacing the cartridges again, all while having to follow the troubleshooting directions which came with it. 

The printer was working perfectly the last time I used it, so I don't think it has anything to do with an outdated driver. But that's just me, though, I'm always open for any suggestions you guys can throw my way. Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to having anyone respond to my post.! 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 30th, 2013 10:00

jbatcagan,

Are you using Dell Series 9 ink cartridge(s), generic or refilled cartridges?

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 9 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 9 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

3 Posts

October 1st, 2013 06:00

Hi Rick!

Thanks for allotting me the time to help me solve my problem. To start, yes, these are brand-new ink cartridges I purchased this week. And secondly, I tried all the tips you suggested above earlier this week before posting my query. So I guess this leaves me to the last option, which is to take the purchased cartridge back to the retailer to have it replaced. with a new one. Honestly, it's just now I've known that there were "sensors" in the ink cartridge when you told me about it. Nevertheless, thank you for all the help though; I really appreciate it.

Joseph   

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 1st, 2013 11:00

Joseph,

Almost all Dell Series cartridges have a sensor in them.

Dell Series 9 has the printhead attached to the cartridge, so most of the problems will be with the cartridge. Easy way to isolate, try copying a document under the glass, black and white and color. If the printer can do this, then there is a problem on the computer.

Rick

3 Posts

October 2nd, 2013 02:00

Hi Rick

Btw, can you please elaborate on what you meant by copying "under a glass"? I think that's a term still lacking in m lexicon. :) Anyways, I bought a new series 9 cartridge and installed it just now, and it's still displaying the same result as it had back then before I replaced the cartridge. Again, any help you can throw my way will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Joseph

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 2nd, 2013 16:00

Joseph,

The printer should work like a copying machine.

Rick

No Events found!