Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2011 13:00

Dell V313W Scanning problem

Trying to use the scan function for first time...got new laptop and printer earlier this year. I have the laptop hooked to printer, cause printer wasn't recognizing USB, so just connected the two.

I tell it to scan to computer.

It then says Downloading Application List

After a few minutes it comes back and says "Cannot retreive application list".

HELP? I don't want to go to the pain of faxing this document, so am trying to scan it to email. I don't know where to turn next. So frustrating

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 9th, 2011 14:00

jschunter,

What program is installed to scan with, Dell All-In-One Center, Dell Imaging Toolbox or Dell Printer Home?

If Dell Printer Home, when you open it, is Document greyed out?

Rick

4 Posts

October 9th, 2011 14:00

Rick, something you said triggered to investigate using Dell Printer Home a bit futher. I got it. Blame it on user error. Thanks for your response! Have a great day.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 9th, 2011 16:00

jschunter,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. I usually can help someone with the solution, if I know which program was used.

Try to Update list of applications to send scans to,  that might also be helpfull. I have seen the Documents greyed out because the OCR Program was not installed.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

July 20th, 2013 06:00

"Document" is greyed out. What do I do?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 20th, 2013 11:00

phalexandrian,

Install the OCR Program fro the printers disk

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Rick

No Events found!