Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2010 08:00

Dell V505 Stopped Working

I have had a Dell V505w printer for awhile now and never had any problems. Until yesterday evening...

I was printing a document just fine, and ran out of toner. So I replaced the toner cartridges.

Since then, I have not been able to print anything except the test page and a single page of a document. I have tried removing the printer, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, printing from another laptop, all to no avail.

I can print the test page just fine, and a few times have actually gotten it to print a single page of a document. But if I try to print more than one page, it just hangs. The document goes to the queue and just sits there. Even when I cancel it, it won't clear out of the queue until I stop the Spooler and delete the documents out of the spool folder (c:\windows\system32\spool\printers). Once it hangs, there is no more printing until I uninstall and reinstall the printer again. and then, the whole cycle starts over...I print the test page, then I print one page of the doc, and then I try to print multiple pages, and it hangs.

I can ping the printer's ip address just fine. I have also tried to configure it to use the USB cable rather than wireless, with the same results.

I have changed the toner cartridges many times before this with no problems whatsoever.

OS=Windows 7 (first laptop), XP SP3 (second laptop)

I feel like I went into the Twilight Zone or something, because I have never had any problems with this printer before....and it was printing fine until I replaced the cartridges. I know that points to the cartridges, but they are really simple to install so I don't see how it could be that since the single page that I get out when I get something looks fine.

I have tried everything I can think of to fix it...and done it many times over in the 3 or so hours I have spent troubleshooting. Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Shelli

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 6th, 2010 08:00

Shelli,

First, try running Delete Print Jobs to get the print job out of the queue.

To install this printer, your computer(s) need to be online. Try downloading the drivers from Drivers & Downloads selecy model, printers, printers, V505. Select the operating system you have for each computer.

If you cannot find the drivers you need, then look at Dell V505 & V505w All-In-One (PRODUCT) RED™ Printer owners thread (W7)

Try reading...

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP, this works both ways.

Also try these tweaks to keep the communications active.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

No Events found!