Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 29th, 2009 17:00

Dell V515w Wireless All In One Printer - (RED) owners thread

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java 

I recommend that you use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get the best communications between the printer and all the computers.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer.

If using Windows 7 also try...Manual Printer Driver Removal

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP/Vista/Windows 7 32-bit drivers

XP/Vista/Windows 7/8 64-bit drivers

Other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on). Please make sure your computer is online when installing the drivers.

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

If using Windows 7, use the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode. 

Right click on the setup.exe file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility Vista SP2. Then right click on the drivers, left click run as administrator and follow the on screen instructions. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

6 Posts

May 1st, 2010 21:00

How to Install Dell v515W on a Mac

I tried this on my recently purchased v515W, but I suppose it'd also work with the v515 and other Dell All-In-One printers. I recently purchased the v515W for my wife who is a Mac user, only to find out that Dell did not have Mac drivers for it. Somewhere on the Dell site they had a typo at some time which said that Mac drivers were available for the printer. I used my Windows machine to set up the printer. After much trial and error, I finally managed to get the printer to work from a Mac wirelessly.

1. Set up the printer from a Windows machine
  2. Open System Preferences -> Print & Fax
  3. Click on the + sign to Add a Printer
  4. Bonjour will now detect the v515W by the printer name
  5. Mac will complain that it could not find the printer driver
  6. Manually select the print driver for "Lexmark S300-S400 Series" from the search box where you have to select the printer

That is all it took to set this up. Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Raj.

6 Posts

May 1st, 2010 22:00

I must add that to get this to work you must install gutenprint (or maybe you can use the ppd from CUPS - I didn't try that).

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 29th, 2009 17:00

Dell Series 21,23 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 21, 23 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It possible to get a Dell Series 21,23 Cartridge with a bad sensor. Take back to place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 2nd, 2010 17:00

Raj,

Thanks for sharing this information. Could you please edit the thread, click on the pencil at the bottom of the thread that has, How to Install Dell v515W on a Mac, so I can click on the mark as answer button, so other members can find the information all in the same thread.

Thanks,

Rick

6 Posts

August 3rd, 2011 21:00

For Dell v515W installation on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Same process as above, except,

- Driver for Lexmark S305 from Lexmark website for Mac 10.7 (support.lexmark.com/index)

- Gutenprint 5.2.7 (sourceforge.net/.../download)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 8th, 2011 09:00

dalofsin,

These instructions are for Mac's, not sure if it works with Lion.

(Mac Driver) (Alternate Mac Driver Instructions and drivers used)

Rick

3 Posts

November 8th, 2011 09:00

Hello,

I installed Gutenprint....but I do not see the S300-S400 on the list of supported Lexmark Printers.

I am still trying to get the V515W to work with my MacBook Pro.

Any advice would be appreciated.

* Mac 10.6.8

* Gutenprint installed

* Cant find proper drivers for V515W

3 Posts

November 8th, 2011 10:00

Solved the problem with a phone call....and now I share with the world.

http://tinyurl.com/7zaxlv9

Going to this link will open a .dmg file with the drivers you need for a mac for the V305 - V505W.  I have the V515W and the drivers also worked for that version.

The big question is why this simple link was not on the www.dell.com website in the first place.  Instead, when you get to the end of the rainbow, there is a link for a .application file that will not open on a mac.  Silly.

Anyways, the above link solves the problem 100%....no I will try to get the thing to work wirelessly...which Im sure will be no picnic.  If anyone has a suggestion for me there...I would appreciate it.

Dave

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 8th, 2011 10:00

Dave,

Can you please tell me which version of Mac this is for? I have requests and if I can point the people in the correct direction for the correct Mac drivers, it will help others. I know since Mac released Lion, many unhappy people because the old Mac drivers do not work.

Thanks,

Rick

3 Posts

November 8th, 2011 16:00

ftp.dell.com/.../R277425.zip

This is the REAL link to the drivers for the V515W

I am running OS 10.6.8

This driver pack let me do wireless

The last link I sent was for the V313 Printer....sorry for the confusion...it was what Dell sent me.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 8th, 2011 17:00

dalofsin,

Is Mac OS 10.6.8 the update to Lion or the operating system before Lion?

Rick

1 Message

March 2nd, 2012 05:00

I just downloaded:

http://support.lexmark.com/index?segment=SUPPORT&userlocale=NL_NL&locale=nl&productCode=LEXMARK_PROSPECT_PRO202&page=product&frompage=null

It works under lion, usb.

1 Message

July 31st, 2012 13:00

I just downloaded:

http://support.lexmark.com/index?segment=SUPPORT&userlocale=NL_NL&locale=nl&productCode=LEXMARK_PROSPECT_PRO202&page=product&frompage=null

It works under lion, usb.

THANK YOU! I went to this link downloaded the 10.7 mac driver and it ran through the setup like normal, it told me to choose my printer software ( I had guten print installed ) I chose the lexmark pro200-s500 series (not the fax, tried that, it doesnt work) and it works wirelessly just fine.

2 Posts

August 20th, 2012 15:00

I did what this article says but when I load the scan it comes out like

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 20th, 2012 16:00

Lawanah,

Do you have the OCR Program installed?

Windows or Mac opertaing system?

Rick

No Events found!