Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2013 09:00

Dell V515w will not recognize printer cartridges

Hi,

I'm currently having a problem with printing out papers from my computer because my computer will not recognize

the printer cartridges. The printer i have right now is a Dell v515w and the computer that i have is a Dell XPS running on

windows XP operating system. I've tried several if not all, of the solutions posted on the support online, as well as, trying to call costumer support.

The problem is that  when I try to print something off my computer it will say that the ink cannot be recognized. However, when i try to copy

something from the printer it will copy just fine. I just purchased new ink cartridges 3 days ago so it should not be the amount of ink left in them.

I was wondering if anyone could help me solve this problem?? Thank you for your time and consideration!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 9th, 2013 10:00

xKaii,

Make and model of your computer and opertaing system is helpful. 32-bit or 64-bit?

Are you using Dell Series 21,23 ink cartridges or generic brand cartridges?

Try reading...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

and

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

The Printer Does Not Recognize the Ink Cartridge or Only Prints in One Color

Here is a Replacement Printhead if needed.

Rick

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 9th, 2013 10:00

Hi xKai,

This is not a problem with your Dell XPS desktop, but the printer. I'm going to move your question to the printers forum for more help. Good luck!

2 Posts

June 21st, 2013 08:00

Hi XKAII,

I had the same problem and could not figure it out. Sorry RockStar none of your suggestions worked and generally do not work.  I found the answer on youtube. Here is the link.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pm3Gth0sUw  Granted it is about epson but I tried it and it worked. I replaced my black ink cartridges and the V515w printer did not recognize them.  I tried cleaning the printhead, soaking in alcohol, all the stuff they tell you to do on this site and nothing worked. The ink cartridges were from Staples and had Dell on them. So here is what I did.

1.Turn on printer

2.Open up the top and take out the print cartridge

3. Close it

4. Wait 10 seconds

5. Turn it off

6. Cross your fingers and say a couple prayers (20 seconds)

7. Turn it back on

8. It should make some noise and show you some error message about cartridge and damage to printhead with exclamation point.

9. Open up the top and put the ink cartridge back in.

10. Close it. Wait....... On my laptop a screen popped up showing me ink was low.

11. Print something. Be creative. Something with expletives helps. Make sure you are printing something in black if checking the black ink and color if checking the color cartridge. Common sense not so common anymore.

This was a very aggravating experience and will not be purchasing a Dell printer anytime soon.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 21st, 2013 09:00

jonmtme,

Thank you for sharing. That was a very interesting video. Hopefully it works for all brands of printers.

Take care,'

Rick

No Events found!