Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2009 08:00

Dell W5310n 961 Service Memory Error - o

Hey,

961 Service Memory Error - o

This error pops up on the display when I turn on the printer. I'm assuming the memory is shot and needs replacement?:emotion-18:

Thanks,

Philip

1.7K Posts

October 9th, 2009 08:00

Can you double-check the model of the printer and the error code?

I'm not finding this error in my service docs for the 5310 model. Do have the 5310n or the W5300 ? It should say this on the front panel of the printer.

The error is listed in the W5300 manual and you're correct, the "RAM in Slot 2 is Bad"

4 Posts

October 19th, 2009 08:00

Hi Lynster,

Sorry to take so long, I was on vacation:emotion-11:, yes, the model printer is a 5310n wireless printer. There is only one slot for a memory stick. Does this help?

Thanks again,

Philip

1.7K Posts

October 19th, 2009 08:00

The base memory is "soldered" to the controller board and the slot you see is for memory expansion.

If you pull out the expansion RAM, will the machine POST (Power-Up-Self-Test) OK?

Has this expansion RAM ever worked?

1.7K Posts

October 19th, 2009 10:00

Is this a new problem for you (doesn't seem like it), or, has that stick ever worked in this printer?

Dell memory is available from here, or, you might be able to find some compatible stuff elsewhere on the WWW.

4 Posts

October 19th, 2009 10:00

Wow,

I don't know why I didn't try that before (I thought I did) but taking the memory stick out and turning it back on seemed to work. I guess the memory stick is bad. I tried searching for a replacement stick on Dell's site but couldn't find one. Can you point me in the direction if Dell still sells them?

Thanks a lot for your help!

UPDATE Nevermind LIynster, I found the phone # and have a quote on order. Thanks again!!

Philip

1.7K Posts

October 19th, 2009 11:00

What I meant by "new problem" was...... did you just put the memory in and this error occurred?

Anyway, you answered the question, and it sounds like your on the road to a Solution.

4 Posts

October 19th, 2009 11:00

Yes, its a new problem, the memory came installed with the printer and always worked fine. Then, all of a sudden the printer started to give that 961 error message. After I took out the memory stick the printer started up fine and is working. I called Dell at the phone # they listed after searching for a replacement memory stick and they quoted me $107.39

Philip

No Events found!