Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2010 12:00

Dell all in one printer 962

My Dell printer 962 would not scan or fax, but would print.  It was making a horrible noise like it was stuck in scan mode.  I kept getting an error code 2200, I kept trying to reset it without luck.  I then uninstalled and then reinstalled it (I have the drivers and utilities for the 962 printer from Dell).  It would get to the point where you connect the USB cable and turn the printer on.  It will not recognize that I plugged in the USB cable.  Also when I plugged the printer in the 3 lights for the copy, fax and scan options keep blinking.  Can anyone help me fix my problems?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2010 16:00

Cathy D,

Try reading THIS THREAD by Dell-Jimmy P

Rick

3 Posts

November 4th, 2010 12:00

Rick,

Numerous times I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and utilities from my Dell 962 printer.  Each time when it asks me to plug in the USB cable and turn it on I can't get any further on the set up.  I think it has to do with the printer machine itself.  When I turn it on the 3 green lights next to the copy, scan and fax modes just keep flashing on and off.  The only way to shut it off is to unplug the printer.  The start button doesn't do anything.  Do you have any idea how to get the lights to stop flashing so that I can turn the printer on and off?  I think the computer doesn't recognize it because it isn't really on when I plug it in.  I appreciate any help you can give me.

Cathy

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 4th, 2010 16:00

Cathy,

Unplug the printer from the wall.

Remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error messages the printer is getting.

Rick

No Events found!