Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2014 14:00

Dell printer

My Dell printer v715w suddenly stopped printing blue. I have to use black setting so that the information can be read. What should I do?

16 Posts

December 22nd, 2014 10:00

I have cleaned the printhead, troubleshot the pinthead problems (there aren't any), but my printer still does not print blue. What should I do next? Should I buy a replacement printhead?

16 Posts

December 22nd, 2014 14:00

I cleaned the printhead. However, the printer has gone from being unable to print blue, unable to print black, unable to print anything. It cannot print test page. What do I do with a totally non-functioning printer.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 22nd, 2014 14:00

b10227,

It is either the Dell Series Color cartridge, I'd first try Cleaning Dell ink cartridges

If that does not work, then it may be the printhead.

The printer should be able to print a test page(alignment) with full color. I have a similar issue and suspect the color cartridge. I am slow to replace it as school is almost over and then the printer will sit for an extended period without use, so I try printing everything I need in black.

Rick

16 Posts

December 22nd, 2014 15:00

I did as you suggestted. The printer went from not ptinting blue, to not printing black, to not printing anything- including a "test print page".  I now have no way to print. What would you suggest now?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 23rd, 2014 12:00

b10227,

I would check to make sure the cartridge is seated properly.

Rick

No Events found!