Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2015 15:00

Dell v305 inkjet printer on Windows 10

I recently installed Windows 10 and when I attempt to print on my Dell v305 inkjet printer I receive the error message "Communications Not Available" my printer is attached via USB. I can use the scan feature of the printer and it scans fine, just when I try printing I receive the error. The print job appears in the print queue, just wont print. I tried reinstalling with no luck also saw there was no Windows 10 driver. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!

19 Posts

October 3rd, 2016 22:00

Just a few notes on this issue.  I just bought a new laptop with W10, and I will follow the suggestions above, and see if I can get the printer working.  I recently upgraded my desktop PC which ran W7, an XPS 9100, to W10.  Under W7, it would sometimes lose communications with my V305W, and I would have to reboot my PC.  When I upgraded to W10, it fixed the problem, but I'm not sure why.  Also on W7 I had updated the driver, because the one that came with the printer had a memory leak, so those installing an earlier driver might want to keep an eye on memory usage.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 4th, 2016 14:00

littlepeaks,

Windows 7 and Windows 10 both have Internet Explorer 11 installed. I would suggest turning off the printers balloon tips or there could be a communications problem.

(Right click) Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show.

Rick

19 Posts

November 2nd, 2016 09:00

Just a few notes -- I installed the 64bit driver for my V305 on my new Windows 10 laptop, and, again have had absolutely no problems.  However, I think it's time for me to get a new printer -- Staples said they will probably discontinue selling the Dell ink cartridges for this printer in the near future, and the place where I have the cartridges refilled has turned in the equipment specific to those cartridges (never had success getting the color cartridges refilled -- just the B & W, and it doesn't reset the electronics).  And I personally prefer not to order cartridges off the internet.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2017 13:00

JOE THE PRO,

Glad you got it working! Thanks for posting back. Hope you remembered to turn off the balloon tips for the printer, instructions can be found HERE.

Take care,

Rick

5 Posts

February 10th, 2017 18:00

RockSt☆r-Rick K you truly are a ROCKSTAR!!! I also followed your directions and reinstalled myV305 printer and it's working again!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

JT

5 Posts

July 9th, 2017 12:00

RockSt☆r-Rick K, After another update, my V305 is not printing again! Any suggestions?

5 Posts

July 12th, 2017 08:00

Working now. Thanks again!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 13th, 2017 11:00

JT_BBXB,

Glad you got it working! Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

December 10th, 2017 13:00

Windows 10 upgrade broke my V305.  ROCKSTAR's instructions above fixed it.  Thanks for the post!

1 Message

June 9th, 2018 11:00

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your help.

I've had to use this twice now due to windows updates.

How do I prevent future updates from forcing me to uninstall and reinstall my printer drivers?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 15th, 2018 14:00

joseduarte98,

Did you turn OFF the Balloon Tips?

Rick

July 4th, 2019 06:00

The link to " Manual Printer Driver Removal" is no longer found. Can this please be restored?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 6th, 2019 06:00

February 25th, 2020 10:00

I recently updated windows 10 and my Dell PC stopped communicating with my Dell V305 printer. I stopped the spooler and uninstalled the Dell printer software and removed the printer from the computer's list of devices, and downloaded a suitable old driver. Whenever I try to install it, the wizard says old software has been detected. I try click to uninstall it and reboot. And then enter into and endless cycle of detecting old software, uninstalling it and rebooting. How do I escape this hell. I have read a lot of posts which include a broken link to manually deleting drivers to no avail. Any help out there?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 27th, 2020 10:00

mercerjohn,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode you’ll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time (powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at…

XP/Vista/Windows 7 64-bit drivers

Rick

No Events found!