Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2012 07:00

Dell v313 Print Head Problems - Tried to Clean - Added new Color Cartridge and then black and white

My printer gave me the error message regarding Print Head Problems.  I read some instructions and tried to replace the color cartridge, cleaned the printheadd and then tried to print. In the sequence it printed out a page of color lines ,using a lot of othe ink.  When I tried to print It gave me the print head error . I was then advised to replace the black ink cartridge.  After cleaning the print head cartridge, and changing black cartridge I was able to print a page with the black cartridge. I also printed out a partial excel spread sheet , numbers in red.  When I had the printhead out for cleaning, it "appeared" that there is a smudge, looks like copper rather than ink { may actually be nomal for the print head]. Can I use anthing other than water on a clean cloth and rubbing the printhead across the cloth to clean i?.  It looks like it needs to be cleaned more.  The routine of print head checking processed used up about 30-40% or the ink.

1 Message

January 18th, 2012 15:00

I'm having the same problems, except mine prints black and yellow.  No blue or red.  I've read the above articles and followed all recomendations to no avail.  I have only had this printer for 13 months.  It has been out of commission three times now and is nothing but trouble.  Is there anything else that I can do?  My impresssion of Dell products is rapidly swirling around the toilet bowl.

15 Posts

January 20th, 2012 14:00

I tried to chat about buying a new print head. I made three(3h unsuccessful attempts. I then went on amazon and found it for 59.00 I can buy a new v313 wireless fr 69'.00. from Dell with free shipping. I don't really want another dell, but I already had purchases thee coloc and three black cartridges . Paid more than new printer willcost.i
No Events found!