Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2015 22:00

Dell2150cdn: no more duplex printing

My Dell 2150cdn refuses to print duplex. It worked fine.

Can someone test something for me?

I have Dell-toner in my 2150cdn. When the black toner was reported empty, I turned the Non-Dell toner setting to on. Thus, the reporting of it being empty stopped and I could go on printing. Apparently, the toner was far from empty, I'm still printing with it.

But I have also lost duplex printing. I would like to know if that is one of the functions that is lost when turning the Non-Dell toner setting to on.

So, can someone test for me if duplex printing still works if you have Dell toner installed and the Non-Dell toner setting switched on?

Thanks,

April 7th, 2015 11:00

Hi gctwnl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The duplex printing option can get disabled while trying to reset any options on printer or printer settings changed on computer.

Please check if the duplex printing is checked while printing from PC.

Also go to printer settings using the operating panel on the printer and check if duplex mode is turned off.

If the options are disabled then enable and check printing again. This should help fixing the issue.

If the options are already enabled then try installing printer driver on you PC and let us know if that helped.

2 Posts

April 7th, 2015 12:00

The duplex setting on the printer driver is set correctly. I am using a Mac which was printing duplex fine until I turned on 'Non-Dell toner' on the printer itself.

Where in the printer's own menu can I actually turn duplex printing off or on? As far as I know, there only is a "Letterhead Duplex Mode" in the printer settings.

April 14th, 2015 12:00

Gctwnl,

The settings could have got changed due to Turning on Non-Dell toner option. However, you can try removing and installing the printer driver again on your Mac which might help in sorting out the issue. Please let us know this help.

No Events found!