Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2007 04:00

Does A940 Driver exist for Dimension 4700????

Hey,
I downloaded and installed the driver from the dell site for the AIO A940 Printer but not installing the All-in-one center and not saying i have a driver installed.  When i installed it, it gave a list of computers that the driver was for and the Dimension 4700 was not on the list but i thought i'd try it anyway.  So...does that just mean i can't use this printer with my computer???  or is there another way to do this?  please help! thanks so much!
~Cody

1.4K Posts

September 28th, 2007 16:00

If your computer OS is XP, WIN 2000, or Vista then there is a down loadable driver on the Dell site which will work with your printer no matter the brand or model of computer.

2 Posts

September 29th, 2007 15:00

hey, thanks for your reply. I am operating in XP and have already downloaded the driver from the dell site, but i don't think its working correctly or fully downloading.  The main
All-in-one center isn't installed so i can't make scans or faxes and such.  Also, when i try to download the firmware, it says there isn't a valid driver installed.  not recognizing it.  What do i do?  all i want is to be able to get the All-in-one center to work  :(  thanks so much!
~Cody

7 Posts

September 30th, 2007 03:00

There is no firmware updates for the Dell A-I-O Printers. Just device drivers for the operating system. The drivers supplied by Dell on the Drivers and Downloads section for the A-I-O printers should have the All-In-One Center supplied. They had them for my Dell A920 A-I-O printer. Try redownloading the drivers and reinstalling them. That may help your problem. Make sure to install the drivers with the printer hooked up and turned on. If Windows tries to install the drivers on it's own, cancel that and run the Dell drivers executible file.
No Events found!