Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2012 12:00

Driver for Dell 3110cn for Mac OS Mountain Lion 10.8?

Is there a best practice to install a driver for the Dell 3110cn printer on the new Mountain Lion OS for Mac (10.8)?

The existing dell-driver (2007-10-25) does not work, only for Max OS 10.5./10.6

113 Posts

August 23rd, 2012 23:00

Hi Bernhard,

The link to download the latest printer driver for Mac OS is:

www.dell.com/.../dell-3110cn

 Click the above link and click “Download File”.

 Save the file to the desktop.

The file we just downloaded is an ISO file. The file has to be burnt on to a blank CD using an ISO burner. Here is the link to download one of the ISO burners.

http://isoimageburner.com/

 Download and install the ISO Image Burner from the link above.

Once the software is installed, follow the steps “How to Burn ISO Image”.

The install package mentioned in the steps is the printer driver that we have downloaded earlier.

Please uninstall the older versions of the printer drivers if already installed.

NOTE: Do not connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable before installing the printer driver. Ensure that the printer is powered ON.

Once you burn the CD, remove and re-insert the CD in the CD/DVD drive.

Please install the printer driver from the CD and you will be prompted amidst the installation to connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable.

Please post back the results.

August 24th, 2012 14:00

Hi,

Thank you for your quick help, but the driver is even more out of date. I did exactly as you told me. I burnt the CD. I found the dmg-installer file in the "Mac OS X" folder on the CD and tried to install it. -->error: You cannot open this program because PowerPC-programms are no longer supported. The installer-file dates back to 1. June 2006.

Is there a new file which also works for Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion)?

Best regards, Bernhard

113 Posts

August 26th, 2012 04:00

Hi,

I would request you to private message me the system service tag. To private message accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. 

I will let you know the further troubleshooting steps.

1 Message

August 28th, 2012 01:00

I too am having the same problem, "PowerPC applications are no longer supported" under Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8.x)

4 Posts

September 13th, 2012 17:00

Hi,

I've the same problem with my dell 3110cn and can't find a driver for the new mountain lion 10.8.1.

Could you help bernhard1130 the other day?

please let me know?

Thanks

odmeyer

1 Message

October 7th, 2012 01:00

Is the issue with the missing driver for 3110cn on MAC OSx Lion solved? Not being able to print sucks in a big way.

4 Posts

October 7th, 2012 02:00

No, it's not. Can't print envelopes any more or paper from a certain paper tray. I bought the Printer 2008 in france. The french support says they do not support OS 10.8.

2 Posts

October 9th, 2012 22:00

I need this driver as well. I can print using a generic driver protocol but I want the real thing. Please Dell make one... customer service is no bueno as well...

1 Message

October 11th, 2012 09:00

I have the same problem, does Dell have a driver or it only ignores Mac users ?

1 Message

October 17th, 2012 01:00

I am new to Mac and also have a Dell 3110 nc, which I truly enjoy..in fact I have 2 of them, but alas no driver for mountain lion.  Just using a generic driver and can't do envelopes at all anymore.  Any assistance would be helpful

4 Posts

October 17th, 2012 14:00

Sorry, can' hrlp you. I am suffering as well. Dell is dooing nothing for us.

4 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 07:00

Finaly there is a link:

forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php

after installed like they says, there is an error annauncement, that the driver is not istalled correctly and a repair button is offered. After pressed "repaire", all works good.

Hope it works out with your guys as well. Shame Dell who didn't offer a osx 8 driver.

Best odmeyer

2 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 23:00

this worked for me! running mountain lion 10.8

No Events found!