Highlighted
shnack_attack
1 Copper

E514dw print function will not work; job spools but never prints

Dell E514dw print function just stopped working out of the blue.  This happened several months ago.

When a document is printed from the PC (Win10), it spools, disappears from the queue, and the LCD on the printer shows "Receiving Data".  BUT IT NEVER PRINTS.  It hangs there.  I have to completely shut down the printer to clear the memory.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver MULTIPLE times.  I've stopped and started the Spooler service.  I've started and restarted too many times to count.  I've done all the usual tricks.

I don't think it's an operating system or driver issue.  I think it's a printer issue.  I can't even print a test page from the onboard menu on the printer.

Any thoughts or clues?  I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: E514dw print function will not work; job spools but never prints

I think it sounds like an issue with the printer (since test page from the menu doesn't work), but have you tried doing the test page after a fresh power down/on etc? Also, how is your computer connected to the printer?

Best regards,

Brad

0 Kudos
shnack_attack
1 Copper

I just tried a fresh power down and test print... Unfortunately the printer just hangs on "Test Print... Printing", but nothing further happens.

Printer is connected via USB cable.

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin, 

Thanks for the updates, can you let me know if the printer is still in Warranty? Unfortunately it sounds like this might be hardware related, but I will also check on my side, just to make sure I am not missing anything. 

Best regards,

Brad

0 Kudos

Kevin,

Does the spooled print job print if you restart your computer?

Did you check your virus program and firewall?

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Ezekiek
1 Copper

exact same problem i experienced.  tried uninstall reinstalling driver.

Test page without USB connection or WITH cable would not print.

Often says "Receiving Data" and nothing happens

0 Kudos