Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

April 25th, 2017 07:00

E525w, air print stopped working

I had E525 working fine on Air Print.  Now when I try to print, I get the correct printer, but it says the Printer is offline.  It shows the printer name, and the Address (28:5D:4C) but won't connect.  I have rebooted the printer and reset the wireless connection, but still same results.  The printer status shows the same address. 

532 Posts

April 26th, 2017 21:00

Hi.

Welcome to our community.

Try the following steps and if the steps don’t resolve the issue, you might have to consider reinstalling the printer software from our support site.

a. Click Start, go to Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound.
b. Click Printer.
c. If the Printer is offline, it shows “Offline” status. If the Printer is online it shows “Ready”.
d. If the Printer is offline, set it to online.
e. Right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online”.
f. The display should change to ready when the printer is set to online.

Please let us know if this helped.

1 Message

February 10th, 2019 10:00

I have the exact problem. Haven't found any solution yet. Is there anyone has found a way to fix it? Just updated to the latest firmware and doesn't make a difference.

1 Message

January 23rd, 2024 22:48

Hi,

I solved this problem and many similar ones most likely. I am just sharing this. I have created a throw away account, so do not try to contact me and do not expect an answer.

In my case, the problem was the following: The TLS certificates on the printer were outdated. Solution: set time on the printer an recreate them. Then AirPrint worked.

How did I figure this out? I enabled debug logs for cups: in terminal "cupsctl --debug-logging" (disable again with "cupsctl --no-debug-logging")

There in the thousands of log lines in "/etc/log/cups/error_log", I found the following string: "cups-pki-expired". The rest was a pure hunch but it worked.

Connect to your printer with our browser: Either open printer config page over the OSX settings or enter the ip in your browser: https://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX replace the X's with your printer's IP. Accept / ignore any security warnings due to invalide TLS certificates.

Then go on "Print Server Setting" --> "Print Server Settings" --> "Port Settings" and enable "SNTP". Then, after restart, go to  "Print Server Setting" --> "Print Server Settings" --> "SNTP" and enter a valid NTP server. "de.pool.ntp.org" should work. Save, after restarting the panel should show the correct time.

Recreating TLS-certificates: Go to "Print Server Setting" --> "Security" --> "SSL/TLS" and click on "delete all certificates" . Then, click on "create certificates" (or something like that.. cannot remember).

The new certificates should have appropriate timestamps, your Mac's security should accept them and you can print.

Why are printers so unnecessary complex?

No Events found!