Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2016 11:00

E525w, scanner not appearing

I've installed the printer AND scanner fine on my office computer, but when I install it on my laptop it installs the printer, but no the scanner.

Any suggestions? I have uninstalled the printer and such, but haven't re-installed it yet.

Thanks!

2 Posts

May 18th, 2016 17:00

I found out how to fix the problem.

Go to start computer and right click on network and select properties.

Then click on  change advanced sharing settings and turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing.

Close out all windows and click start, devices and printers, and click add a device.

Windows will now find the scanner.

331 Posts

May 15th, 2016 08:00

Hi zalterego36,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Use this link http://dell.to/1XsxsO5 and change the OS accordingly. Click on the drop down for drivers for OS deployment > download and install the Dell Color Multifunction Printer E525w Scanner Driver.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.

May 15th, 2016 14:00

No joy on your suggestion. Adding the scanner from the scanner/camera settings in Windows doesn't work either.

Any other suggestions?

2 Posts

May 18th, 2016 13:00

Interesting. I just got my E525W yesterday and have EXACTLY the same problem.

Scanner and printer installed fine on my office desktop computer but on laptop only printer was recognized and Dell Printer Hub shows No scanner installed.

The only difference is the office desktop computer uses a wired ethernet cable for internet and the laptop of course is wireless.

331 Posts

May 18th, 2016 14:00

Hi zalterego36,

Please let is know how is the printer connected to the system, the OS installed. Also send us the screenshot of the device manager. Have you completely uninstalled all the printer driver and then tried reinstalling. Try with a different USB cable and check how it goes. 

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.

331 Posts

May 19th, 2016 16:00

Hi xener,

Thanks for the post and updating the fix.

December 13th, 2016 15:00

i tried this and had no luck.  Any other suggestions?

2 Posts

July 2nd, 2018 12:00

Turning on Network Discovery worked for me.  But, as an update, my Windows 10 build required the following steps...  < change advanced sharing options> ...  then choosing the two radio buttons and < turn on file and printer sharing> 

1 Message

October 4th, 2018 09:00

Still not working for me -- not on the prior Dell laptop nor the Dell desktop. I can get the printer driver installed just fine, but even after installing the scanner driver the system won't detect it. Not even the Dell Printer Hub. Printer is on the network. Network Discovery is turned on. But still no joy. Frustrating! 

February 17th, 2019 11:00

What about Mac?
Scanner not working. Have uninstalled and reinstalled 3x. Message "Scanner not Available" continues to display. Use scanning more than printing. This is a work stopage and very frustrating. Tried to scan to thumb drive; says thumb device is full...it's a new frickin' thumb drive OTB. **bleep**?

1 Message

March 12th, 2019 18:00

trying uninstalling all Dell software and drivers. Make sure you have newest software download. Make sure windows is up to date. then reinstall. hope that helps

1 Message

April 1st, 2019 08:00

IT consultant with 20y in Windows environments here. Checked system and sharing, properly wiped and reinstalled all dell sw components and drivers (incl scanner) twice, still the same (printers found, scanner not).

does anybody has a solution, a workaround or an actual fix for a problem this device has since it hits the market (bought mine in 2016)? Every now and then the scanner disappears and its a lottery to make it appear again.

this is the last time I waste my time on a shoddily done dell product, thank god I make the buying decisions on the server fams (Proliant forever even if they now have a HP logo)

1 Message

April 22nd, 2019 05:00

I have the same problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Network share open and nothing happened. Dell printer hub said "Printer found" but "no scanner installed"

1 Message

April 23rd, 2019 09:00

Tried this... didn't work...

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 11th, 2024 20:14

I have Windows 11.  After trying all of the methods outlined above with no luck, I went into Bluetooth & Devices > Printers & scanners.  The printer was already listed 3 times as Dell Color E525w-001 FAX, PCL6, and PS.  I then selected "Add device" at the top and DELL25822E showed up.  I installed it, restarted my computer, and it's showing in the Dell Printer Hub now every time.  Hope that helps! 

No Events found!