Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2009 18:00

Enable bidirectional printing

I have a new studio xps 435MT.  The problem is that I hp 4200 laserjet, but more importantly, I have a security key that needs to communicate with an parallel port in order for it to validate the software via a port key for use.  I installed a PCI-E card which works, but the "enable bidirectional support" is grayed out in printer properties.  From what I've read, it epp needs to be enabled  in the bios, but I can't seem to find anything.  I tried using the latest 64bit driver from hp.  Any suggestions other than to return the system?

1.7K Posts

July 14th, 2009 13:00

Are you using an IEEE-1284 cable?

3 Posts

July 19th, 2009 13:00

I am having the same problem with a completely different setup. I have an Inspiron 530 with the AIO 810  on Vista Ultimate SP2 which has worked well for a year and a half.  Recently it stopper working giving the instruction to enable bidirectional communication.  This is grayed out in the properties and despite activating full administrator privileges refuses to change.  I have deleted and reinstalled the printer without any luck.  This problem started with Vista SP1 and continues with SP2

No Events found!