Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2017 09:00

FAX on E525W picks up EVERY call

There is one phone line. The machine is set to answering machine/FAX. The printer is suppose to monitor the line and only pick up if it hears the fax tone, but it picks up on EVERYcall. I've delayed the pickup enough for folks to leave a message but then the fax picks up and there is no dial tone until I acknowlege the error on the fax machine. 

Can anyone help resolve this issue?

• 

17K Posts

November 29th, 2017 07:00

SAJACK,

Click the link to download the online manual. Start on page 233 to review the information for receiving faxes as well as answering machines  connected to the fax.

Dell E525w Manual

2 Posts

November 29th, 2017 08:00

I've been through the manual several times to double check everything. This is the note in the manual:

NOTE: If you have set your printer to Ans Machine/Fax and your answering machine is switched off, or no answering machine is connected to your printer, your printer will automatically go into the fax receive mode after a predefined time.

However, with the answering machine on, the fax is still automatically picking up every call even if there is no fax tone... Do you have any suggestions for this issue?

Thanks.

• 

17K Posts

December 1st, 2017 04:00

SAJACK,

You can click the link below to try some steps listed. If not, call Dell Printer Support at 1-800-624-9896

Resolving Faxing Issues

No Events found!