Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

January 20th, 2009 08:00

Fading color

I use a Dell 3110 cn color laser printer and only original Dell cartridges.  Recently my blue does not print as blue but rather as purple.  The best I can described it is the difference that occurs in color before and after a hypelink was followed: before it is a bright blue (which is what I expect) but after one click on the link it turns  purple.  I have the blue in my document but what comes out on the paper is purple.  Any help?  THis is resulting in poor documents and worse pictures!!!!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

This usually means that your color cartridge is running out of one or more colors. If you have an ink check utility, check it out.

5 Posts

Thank you. I thought that may be the case.  I took out and shook all the color cartridges and replaced them.  However, my experience with Dell is that the printer will inform me of the cartridge being low and continually prompt me to ORDER NOW as if Dell's existence depends on my single order.  I am a miser and actually weigh the cartridges. YES, I DO!  All seem to have a good few grams of of toner in them.  It's bad enough the cartridges have chips that could shut the cartridge down (perhaps before it really is empty) but not getting the quality I pay for is very disappointing!

5 Posts

January 20th, 2009 09:00

My printer is a color laser not an inkjet, and it uses CMYK toner cartridges

No Events found!