Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2009 10:00

Help On Noise Detection - Dell Laser Printer 5100cn

There is a loud squeaking noise when I print using my Dell Colour Laser 5100cn printer using any tray, including mpf.

I used the Dell Troubleshoot Noise Detector and followed the steps and detected that the noise was mostly heard on,  IOT Diag, Digital Output, Do -1a Ready and Do - 1b Ready.

I have emailed Dell and tried to contact them but it is no longer under warranty so they will not answer.

It would be helpful to know which parts Do - 1a Ready and Do - 1b Ready relate to, maybe they just need oiling or replacing?

I have replaced all of the main parts, fuser, imaging drum, transfer roller, toners, etc but the squeaking noise is still there. I have even replaced the small rollers in each of the trays and tightened the screws. I hope someone can help or have any useful suggestions.

We are a small business but print lots of letters each day. We don’t really want to buy a new printer as the quality of print is fine but we would just like the squeaking noise to stop as it is very annoying.

Thanks

1.7K Posts

May 5th, 2009 11:00

I have some ideas, but isolating and troubleshooting can take some time. I'm gonna add you to my Friends list so we can deal with this offline.

1 Message

January 21st, 2010 11:00

I was just wondering if you could help.  I am having basically the same problem with a grating, grinding sound on the printer.  It was working fine, then called for an imaging drum which I replaced and then it started in with the screeching and grinding sound only when printing.  I moved the the imaging kit to another Dell 5100CN and it works fine there and I put the used one in the "problem" printer and the sounds continued.

1.7K Posts

January 22nd, 2010 13:00

Sent you a Friends invite......

No Events found!