L

3 Posts

September 18th, 2019 14:00

Help Please -- Dell Color Smart Printer S3840cdn Not Functioning

PRINTER: Dell Color Smart Printer S3840cdn

COMPUTER:  Dell XPS 8300

SYSTEM:  Windows 10

CONNECTION:  USB cable direct computer > printer

PROBLEM:  Ten days ago, 9 September 2019 I got the following message on the printer's control panel window:

20190918_120636[1].jpg

HISTORY:  I have used this printer for over a year.  It has worked as advertised without any problem of any sort until 9 September 2019.

I have made NO changes to the system hardware configuration or software (other than routine updates).

The status code (lower left corner) is 116-313.  The User Guide says:  "An error occurred in the machine.
Turn off the printer, and turn it on again. Contact customer support if this failure is
repeated."  There is no other information.

My computer cannot connect with my printer any longer. When I look at the Printers and Scanners window it says the printer is offline and not connected. 

This message appears whenever the printer is turned on.  It appears whether the USB cable is connected or not.  It appears no matter what buttons I push.

I have also tried the "Dell Printer Easy Install" tool that came on the Drivers and Documentation CD, but the tool will not allow the printer driver to be re-installed unless the computer can connect with the printer.

STATUS:  I contacted customer support.  They took remote control of my computer.  After looking at many, many screens, they said:  "It appears you have a Device Fault."  When I asked if it could be fixed, I got no response for 15 minutes before I gave up and came here.

Please help me.  Is there any chance anyone has seen or dealt with this problem?  I need my printer and need it to work properly.

No Responses!
No Events found!