Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2013 10:00

How to set up 944 AIO to fax???

I can't seem to get my 944 AIO printer to fax.  I have High Speed Internet(Optimum.net), not DSL, .  Since the printer is a stand alone printer there is no connection in back for a phone line so I am just wondering how do I set up my fax?  I sure wish I had the manual.The 944 printer was given to me and dowes not have a manual  Thanks in advance for your help!!!

2 Posts

April 4th, 2013 10:00

There is no communications option after accessories?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 4th, 2013 16:00

ferrbob,

Make and model of your computer and operting system? 32-bit or 64-bit? If Windows 7 or 8, did you upgrade the system or did the computer coem with Windows 7 or 8?

Do you have the printer disk?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

What type of phone service are you using?

Rick

1.3K Posts

April 4th, 2013 17:00

Hi,

To send a fax using the Dell 944 printer, you need to have the printer attached to a computer that is equipped with a modem and has Microsoft Fax installed.

Click on the link below for Manuals & Documentation for the Dell Printer 944. The manual has steps to set up your printer for sending and receiving faxes using the Microsoft Fax Console

http://dell.to/12lbrWB 

Let me know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 4th, 2013 17:00

The 944 printer cannot fax.

1.3K Posts

April 9th, 2013 12:00

Hi,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

No Events found!