Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2013 11:00

Ink Cartridge Missing Error Message on V725W

Forgive me if this have been asked before but I am new to this Forum. My V725W gets an error message saying "Ink Cartridge Missing". It goes on to say to reinsert all cartridges to avoid printhead damage.

This came out of nowhere. The cartridges have been used regularly for a few weeks. A lot has been printed with these four. The ink is not low. I cannot get to the maintenance page as the error message won't go away. I only use Dell cartridges. My one year warranty expired a few week ago.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 21st, 2013 16:00

2 Posts

November 21st, 2013 21:00

Thanks. I tried all that before I posted. As I said, I can't even use the maintenance because the warning comes up and soon as I go into Set-up and it won't go away.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 23rd, 2013 13:00

omnium88,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Then remove the power brick for 60 seconds. This will reset any error message the printer is getting.

I suspect the possibility of a bad sensor in one of the cartridges. It may show or once you plug the printer back in, you may be able to open the printer, then reseat all the Dell Series ink cartridges. When you close the printer, it should try to print a test page. Not sure if these cartridges have a lip on them, like in the image below or not.

Rick

No Events found!