Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

September 25th, 2011 08:00

Ink Cartridge Missing

I have Windows XP

Dell 305V printer

I keep getting a message ink cartridge missing.  I followed all the troubleshooting instructions but still get that message.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 25th, 2011 11:00

Sallie,

Are you using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges?

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer.

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 9 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 9 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

No Events found!