Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2009 13:00

Ink Levels on AIO 944

I have changed the ink cartridges 3 times on my AIO944 and the level indicators on the LCD and print progress window still show my levels as low/out of ink.  Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

"Thanks"

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 8th, 2009 15:00

pgay,

First, if these are Dell Series 5 ink cartridges, let's start by  clearing the error code. Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This resets the printer error codes.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It is also possible to get a new ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Please take it to the place of purchase for a refund or a replacement one.

Or try re-installing the drivers this way and see if that helps.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

No Events found!