Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2011 09:00

Install Dell 720 printer into Windows 7 Home Edition

Can you plase point me to where I can download the Dell 720 Printer install for Windows 7 Home edition?  I can find it for XP bu not WIN 78. Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 11th, 2011 10:00

joegadd,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista
Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 720 Color Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs will block communications.

Rick

December 15th, 2011 21:00

Hi Joegadd,

Unfortunately, and according to Microsoft's Windows 7 Compatibility website available here, the Dell 720 Color Inkjet Printer is not officially compatible with Windows 7. The link provided by Pudgy One is to be considered a work around as Dell themselves have reported the printer as being incompatible. All this means is that you may run in to errors with your installation so please be cautious when performing work around solutions for incompatible hardware.

If you should ever again find yourself in the position of troubleshooting hardware and software functionality problems within Windows 7, a great place to check for information would be the Windows 7 Compatibility Center, which holds the official compatibility information for both software and hardware as reported to Microsoft. You may also wish to use the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center as a resource for locating a color inkjet printer that will indeed be fully compatible.

Jessica

Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 16th, 2011 01:00

Jessica,

Dell has updated their website to reflect the new findings.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/document?c=us&docid=721171C9910C8085E040AE0AB7E1537B&l=en&s=gen

Sorry the images are missing. Will have to contact my Dell friend to get the images working.

The Vista drivers in the compatibility mode should work well. Please note for 64-bit drivers, they're not in all the drop down menus, but should be added in the future.

Rick

No Events found!