Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 12th, 2012 20:00

Installation of Dell All-in-One Printer to a Windows 7 Computer

I have been reading all the posts on installation problems people are having - as they are the same as my own. My question is this: Is it necessary to run the Dell CleanUp Utility on a Windows 7 computer & change the compatibility to Vista or other? I had this printer working on another Windows 7 computer without doing that (altho' I also didn't run into these installation problems either).  I'm trying to make the printer available to my laptop too.

I have followed the Dell support site instructions-(Uninstall & install) twice now to try to install this.

Terribly frustrated!

Hadley16

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 13th, 2012 10:00

Hadley16,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until ir prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer, Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download and Vista 64-bit drivers. Install the Vista 64-bit drivers in the Vista( I used Vista SP2) Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 810 All-In-One-Printer owners thread

Also try reading...

Allow Printer past Kaspersky

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 13th, 2012 05:00

Hadley16,

The model number of the Dell printer is important.

The patch(printer cleanup utility) is a was to clean out the printer and start with a fresh start. A stuck print job in the queue, will not allow the printer to uninstall.

Make and model of your computer and opertaing system is helpful. 32-bit or 64-bit?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

4 Posts

March 13th, 2012 07:00

Yes, of course. It is a Dell 810 All-in-One.  The Virus program is  Kaspersky, Firewall- not too sure-Windows? The Windows 7 is 64 bit.

Thanks for swift response.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 13th, 2012 20:00

Hadley16,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

The patch was just a printer cleanup too to completely remove it. Not sure about the troubleshooter saying there is a problem.

Take care,

Rick

4 Posts

March 13th, 2012 20:00

The patch would not install, but I proceeded with everything else anyways.  It is now working, although the troubleshooter says there is some issue.  Perhaps there may be issues with this down the road, but right now it will still do simple print jobs - so I'm happy for now.

No Events found!