Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 17th, 2009 05:00

Installing Dell V105 All In One Printer on Windows XP Media Center Edition.

If I have posted this twice please accept my apology. I seemed to lose the last message before I posted it.

I have just taken delivery of a Dell V105 All in One Printer, and I am unable to complete installing it.  It all appears to be Installing o/k  but then I get a message saying : PRINTING APPLICATION HAS ENCOUNTERD A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE.

Then I get message : THE FILE "wisfbdry.dll" on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM is needed.       Type the path where the file is located and then click o/k.

Underneath that it has C:\Program files\Dell V105\Drivers\i386

I do not understand any of this. could any one explain what it means and what to do to rectify this problem.  It would need to be in step by step instructions.

Thank You in advance.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 17th, 2009 11:00

Kvell,

Usually when I see a similar message, like you have, it's because the drivers didn't install correctly and/or the computer has some type of malware or infection.

First, most programs need net framework and the latest Java to work properly. Net framework can be downloaded and installed from Windows Update, custom updates.

Disconnect the printer. Go to add/remove programs and unstall the printer. Check in printers and faxes and make sure it's not there. Also try Manual Printer Driver Removal

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Please remember to install the latest firmware for the V105 Printer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 19th, 2009 11:00

Kvell,

Thanks for posting back. Could you mark the verify answer(s) that helped you solve your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Thanks,

Rick

January 19th, 2009 04:00

Thank you Pudgyone,

it took me some head scratching (my head didn't itch) and 3 days to do it. But with your help and expert know how my Dell Printer is finally up and running. You are a gem.

The time taken to complete installation was down to me being slow on the uptake, and comparativly new to computers etc. and nothing to do with you instructions.

Thank you again Pudgyone, your advice is very much appreciated.

No Events found!