Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 1st, 2013 03:00

Job Status window interface has stopped working Dell AIO printer 968

I bought a new computer with Window 8, native. Every connexion with my previous peripherals ran pretty well when automatically installed, except for AIO printer 968 from Dell I installed a new driver from Dell, following accurately the prescriptions Scanner is OK When pritnting I get this message" Job status etc." I have to accept two times that window search for a solution otherwise all is blocked Then it starts to print, but it prints only what is like html text and not plain text. How can I obtain a normal printing without this message "job status etc" and with the whole text

January 1st, 2013 09:00

Rick

What you suggest is just what Dell US suggests on its site.

I tried it and it does not work.

I tried once again and still the same message : Job Status etc

Hope that dell wil solve its problem before I buy a new one from another brand

Tha,ks, regards and an happy new year

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 1st, 2013 08:00

hubert from france,

This printer is not supported with Windows 8. This might work but no guarentees.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 8 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 8 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 968 & 968w All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install a virus program, then Windows Defender is the default virus program. Try the instructions for Microsoft Essentials, since they're similar Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 1st, 2013 10:00

hubert from france,

Sorry to hear this. Lexmark made this printer for Dell and since they're getting out of the printer business, drivers have not been updated for the Dell 900 Sries for Windows 8. With Windows 7, the Vista drivers installed.

Happy New Years and sorry this didn't work.

Take care,

Rick

January 1st, 2013 22:00

Thank U Rick

I purchased this printer from Dell . So I don't care with the relation beetween Dell and Lexmark. There are enough skilled people in Dell to solve his Customer problems.

But I progress. Now printing is correct (I changed my Black ink cartridge oups).

But I always get at each page this window message that I have to acquit two times. It will sure get on my nerves.

APPCRASH

Nom de l’application: dldoJSWX.EXE

Version de l’application: 3.389.0.0

Horodatage de l’application: 46b952c4

Nom du module par défaut: dldoutil.dll

Version du module par défaut: 2.26.156.0

Horodateur du module par défaut: 46de2fc0

Code de l’exception: c0000005

Décalage de l’exception: 000000000000b40d

Version du système: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036

Information supplémentaire n° 1: 017e