Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2010 11:00

Lexmark Printers with MS Word 2010

I am totally besides myself.  I purchased a Lexmark Model 4650 All In One printer in June of 2010.  I then purchased a Inspiron 580S in Sept. 2010.  It seems the Lexmark was misrepresented to me as being compatible but yet it will not print in color in Word 2010.  I do know how to set the preferences and to make a document in color.  Contact with Dell got me so frustrated that a senior support person called me back and totally checked out MS Word and that it is working correctly and I should call Lexmark.  Did that and after lengthy online support they admitted it probably is not compatible with 2010 and that this printer was manufactured in 2008 and software engineers need to design a fix (as if they will - they probably want you to buy a new printer).  Printer works fine on everything but color printing in Word 2010.  If I contact Microsoft I have to pay for support.  Dell was kind enough to check my version.  Does anyone out there have a solution for me?  Should I write to Bill Gates?  E-mail gives me no answers and I was very specific.

Also, be very wary of purchasing electronics from HSN.  They don't give you enough info and by the time I realized this problem my 30 day return policy was over.

Thank you for a reply.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 17th, 2010 12:00

LJ2007,

Can you copy a document under the glass? B&W and color?

Start, control panel, printers, your printer, printer preferences. Look mthere and make sure the block in not checked to print in black and white only. Also click advanced, more options(if it's there) and make sure complete-a-print bixes are not checked.

Check MS Word and make sure the printing preferences there are set to print in color. Try the instructions HERE and do the opposite.

Rick

No Events found!