Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2012 15:00

My Dell AIO 968 printer doesn't print the entire page from a chosen internet article?

When I find something I want to copy on the internet, I go through the normal procedure to make a copy by selecting "print preview" under the "File" tab above.  I never had this problem before.  In the past, the printer would print whatever I could view on the "Print Preview" page.  However, now it decided it would print everything on the page except the last 2 inches or so.  I then have to hand write the remainder of the page on the copy I just ran.  Very time consuming, I must say!

Do you have any idea what may be wrong with this printer?  Thanks, Big Al B.  (My email address is

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>)

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 25th, 2012 01:00

Hi Big Al B.,

Try printing a webpage after disabling Protected Mode, to do this, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools icon in Internet Explorer.
  2. Click the Security tab and uncheck the checkbox beside Enable Protected Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer).
  3. Click Apply , and then click OK.
  4. Close all open Internet Explorer windows, and then restart Internet Explorer.
  5. Browse to a website and try test printing a page while running as the Administrator.

Reply for further help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 25th, 2012 07:00

Big Al B,

Check the printer to make sure the settings are set for the proper paper.

Start, control panel, devices and printers, Dell 968 Printer, printer preferences. Make sure the paper size is also correct.

Using the browser, some you can set, shrink to print and some also work good at 80%. Before clicking the print button, make sure the proper printer is selected, click on printer preferences and make sure the proper paper size is selected.

Rick

4 Posts

December 25th, 2012 10:00

Rick:

I checked all of the above items you suggested and paper size is set at 8-1/2 x 11 everywhere.  I ran a few print scenarios using shrinking at 80%, etc. and continue to have the same problem.  Other suggestions?

4 Posts

December 25th, 2012 10:00

Dear Dell-Nikhil D:

I followed the above instructions to the letter and attempted to print an entire page.  I noticed each time I brought up an internet site, a warning window box pops up at the bottom of my monitor telling me "Protected Mode is turned off in the Internet Zone."  I ignored it and proceeded to print the page and the same problem occurred as before.  Any other suggestions?  (should I leave the IE in the unprotected mode in the future?)  Thank you...AJB

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 26th, 2012 01:00

Hi Big Al B.,

Please turn on the protected mode in the IE (Internet Explorer).

I would like you to try checking the preview option before printing. The print of the page depends on the preview of the page. If the page that you are trying to print is completely visible in the print preview option, try printing the document and check.

If the page looks correct in the preview and has missing characters at the bottom when printed, please to reset the IE, restart the IE and then try to print.

Note: All the favorites will be deleted when resetting IE. Please save all your Favorites before resetting IE.

Please try the above steps and reply.

No Events found!