triskeion
Not applicable

My Printer will only print one page then I have to reboot the computer to print another

Jump to solution

The printer has been fine since purchase, but just recently, it will print one page after being turned on, then if I try to print a different document, it goes so far as taking the paper up and sounds like it is ready to print, then stops.  I have tried cancelling the print job, but it will not clear - it then keeps saying 'deleting' in the print queue (but never deletes it).  Un-plugging the printer doesn't clear the print job.  The only way I can get it to print the next thing is to completely restart my computer.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing the printer.  I have put on all the latests software updates for the printer....I am at a loss :(

Anybody got a suggestion?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

RE: My Printer will only print one page then I have to reboot the computer to print another

Jump to solution

In the last batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

This is a Dell User Forum. I am a Dell user, just like you are.

View solution in original post

26 Replies
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

RE: My Printer will only print one page then I have to reboot the computer to print another

Jump to solution

triskeion,

What version of Internet Explorer is installed?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

0 Kudos
Hunter1238
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
Triskeion I have the very same problem, right to the letter. I have installed the original printer software to my other XP computer. It works just fine on the XP system. My conclusion is that the problem is not with the printer or printer software. The problem exists with the computer spooler. ??????
0 Kudos
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

In the last batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

View solution in original post

Lalalee73
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Explorer has been deleted and I can now print in MS Office repeatedly but I cannot print in Chrome or Edge. Any other suggestions? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
dcgrover
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you for this post.  I tried it and it worked.  Never would have figured it out on my own.  THANKS.

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

dcgrover,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21:[ Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

0 Kudos
bak62066
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

RICK........  YOU ARE TRULY A GENIUS!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I was having the same exact problem... it just started out of nowhere and it was driving me insane!

I did what you suggested and it worked for me too!!

You have no idea how happy I am!!  I am soooo glad I found this forum!!

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PudgyOne
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

bak62066,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

0 Kudos
Ray Mallmann
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank You for this Advise.

I had been having this Exact same problem with my Dell V715 printer since about November. It would only print one Document and then if I tried to print anything else, it would sound as though it was going to print, but it wouldn't print. I would turn my computer off and as soon as I restarted, it would print everything left in the print Que.

After reading the comments Above, I looked for and Uninstalled the IE11 Update...and it has been working Great Ever since !

I can NOT Thank You Enough ! This has been bothering me since it started. Hard to get anything done when you have to keep rebooting, just to print something.

Ray Mallmann

0 Kudos