Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2010 14:00

Need Drivers for Dell AIO 922 printer on a home network for 64-bit computer running Windows7

I have a Dell AIO 922 printer connected to a desktop (works fine) on a home network.  Can print to the 922 from a wireless laptop (XP).  Trying to connect to wired (through router) 64-bit desktop running Windows7.  Can see the 922 on the W7 "Networks" list, but can't get drivers loaded.  Only thing that seems available from Dell Downloads is for XP, Vista-32.  How can I get this arrangement running?

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 8th, 2010 02:00

Gramparoo,

Most people are installing the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode. Instructions located at...

922 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Also try reading...

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP (This works both ways.)

Rick

4 Posts

January 8th, 2010 20:00

Rick,

Any difficulties rising from the 64-bit?  I understood that 64-bit machines won't work with the 32-bit driviers (which are the only ones listed on the Dell Download page for Vista on the AIO922...).  Will the compatibility mode handle that?

Gregg

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 9th, 2010 01:00

Gregg,

If you read the thread I sent you to, it had a link to the 64-bit drivers download page. Dell made the 64-bit drivers and just never updated the download page to find them. If you have Windows 7 64-bit, ten you need to download the Vista 64-bit drivers and install it in the compatibility mode. Please remember how to use the compatibility mode as if you find a piece of software, like your webcam and/or fingerprint reader, you will most likely need to install the drivers for these devices in the compatibility mode.

Here are the instructions I had at the 922 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens..

Please make sure you have all Windows Updates, especially .net framework, (needed to run many applications) and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch (a MUST with Vista machines) to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch until it prompts you to restart your computer.

If using Windows 7 also try...Manual Printer Driver Removal

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

If using Windows 7, use the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode. 

Right click on the setup.exe file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to Vista(Try Vista SP2). Then install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

4 Posts

January 12th, 2010 20:00

Trouble continues to abound. 

I got the Vista-64 drivers to install (with compatibility) and all seemed well - until I tried to print a test page when it said, "No connection".  The printer is connected to another computer, and will be accessed by this machine over a home network.  Troubleshooting suggestions didn't help, so I rebooted both computers - now they don't see each other again.  So, off to resolve that first.

No success yet.

GH

4 Posts

January 12th, 2010 21:00

Wait, wait.... now everything came back and I can see the rest of the computers on the network; and the printer - still can't connect to it, but at least I can see it again.

GH

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 13th, 2010 00:00

Gramparoo,

Maybe this will help.

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP (Seems this works both ways)

Rick

1 Message

October 23rd, 2011 10:00

I have a Dell AIO 922 printer connected to a desktop (works fine) on a home network.  Can print to the 922 from a wireless laptop (XP).  Trying to connect to wired (through router) 64-bit desktop running Windows7.  Can see the 922 on the W7 "Networks" list, but can't get drivers loaded.  Only thing that seems available from Dell Downloads is for XP, Vista-32.  How can I get this arrangement running?

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2011 14:00

Gramparoo,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista
Compatibility mode Choose network and follow the instructions.

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 922 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

2 Posts

November 27th, 2014 03:00

I have a dell all in one printer 922. I dont find the driver on dell.com to windows 7 64-bit. What should i do?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 28th, 2014 14:00

padala,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 922 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

No Events found!