Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2007 18:00

Need downloadable AIO software for Dell 964 printer to install on Windows Vista Home system

The Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964 software CD won't install the All-In-One software on my Lenovo ThinkPad R60 with Windows Vista Home premium on it.
Please give me exact web address of where I can download and install this software so I can use my Dell Photo 964 printer's scanner function.
Thank you

3 Posts

This message is for Dell or anyone who can help me.
Just downloaded from Dell support site and tried to install Dell AIO 964 software R113115.exe to my Lenovo ThinkPad R60 with MS Vista Home Premium.  The Dell software R113115.exe produces the following error as it is trying to install:
"Scripting error c:\DRIVERS\printer\964\dlcjEN.vbs 
Line 11 
Char 1
Error - permission denied
code: 800A0046
Source:  MicrosoftVBScript runtime error"

Please, will you help me get a bug-free version of Dell's software so I can start using Dell's AIO software to use the scanner function on my Dell 964 printer ?
Thank you

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

billalex,

Thanks for posting. Can you try right clicking on the file you downloaded and choosing "Run as Administrator"? Let us know how it goes.

doh! I should have checked the file you downloaded. Try fireberd's link first. If it will not install, then please try my suggestion.

Message Edited by DELL-Bill B on 07-18-2007 02:54 PM

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

Here is the driver I found. Different from the one you downloaded.  This driver is for Vista 32 bit.

3 Posts

July 18th, 2007 20:00

A  BIG THANKS to both firebeard and Delll - Bill B. 
Here is how I got the Dell AIO software working with my Dell 964 printer:
1 - downloaded software from location that firebeard gave me in note above.
2 - ran this downloaded software (doesn't install anything properly, but does put uninstaller for Dell 964 in my start program list under Dell printers)
3 - physically disconnected my Dell 964 from my computer
3 - ran the uninstaller (it deletes all references to Dell 964, then deletes itself)
4 - rebooted my system
5 - ran the downloaded software for a 2nd time, physically plugging in the Dell 964 printer when told to do so  (software says fax software doesn't install properly, but I don't use it anyway....)

Voila!  AIO software icon shows up. 
I tried it scanning some documents with the Dell 964 printer and it works perfectly.
Suggestion to Dell -
Put the file that firebeard pointed to right in the support list of files for the Dell 964 printer.  This so you can access it by going thru Support > printers > selecting Dell 964 > asking for downloads. 
Just say it is for use only with MS Vista users.

Thanks again, both of you  :)

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 18th, 2007 20:00

Thanks, billalex.

It seems like I am the only one inside Dell who thinks the operating system choice should be right up front before you ever see any files to download for both printers and PC's. Good to know someone out there sees it my way. Glad you got it working. Please feel free to post back with any future problems or solutions you might encounter.

Thanks for catching the bad file, JS.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 18th, 2007 21:00

Glad I could help and that it's going.

Jack
No Events found!