Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2011 11:00

OS X Lion

I have a Dell 3110cn color laser printer, which I use with the old Dell driver on Apple OS X Snow Leopared through Rosetta. The next version of OS X is doing away with Rosetta. Any ideas for how to continue using this printer with OS X Lion (assumption being that Dell is not willing to update the driver)?

1 Message

July 22nd, 2011 20:00

I have a 5100cn and was disappointed (but not at all surprised) that the old driver wouldn't work and that Dell didn't have a new one. I experimented a bit and found that the Generic PostScript Printer driver works; it even had a checkbox for the duplex unit. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but so far, so good.

1 Message

August 15th, 2011 12:00

I'm trying to resolve the same issue.  Frustratingly enough, it appears that the 3110cn driver is Lion-compatible (i.e. Universal)  -- but the driver installer requires Rosetta, so you can't run the installer on Lion.

I upgraded a Snow Leopard install that had the driver installed, and it works fine under Lion.  I can copy the Dell 3110cn driver app from that computer, but I haven't found a way to manually install it in Lion.

No Events found!