Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2013 17:00

P513W printer

This printer will not scan to the computer. I use it in the wireless mode. The latest software is installed. Printer works fine in copy and in print modes. When I try to scan to the computer either from the computer itself ( launch dell printer home) or from the printer control panel it posts a message on the LCD screen "downloading scan applications from your computer, please wait." After about a miniute it reverts back to the "scan to" screen. It scans fine to a USB flash drive in the printer USB port. :emotion-14:

Any ideas appreciated. This function has never worked. I was using an old printer as a scanner but it has gone tango uniform so I need the dell.

Dave

SYSTEM SPECS

Dell Studio XPS 9100

INTEL I7-920 PROCESSOR

WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 BIT

12 GB TRI CHANNEL DDR3 SDRAM AT 1333 MHZ

ATI RADEON HD5670 1GB GDDR5

1 TB 7200 SATA 3.9 GBS 16 MB CACHE

CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER X-FI

1.3K Posts

April 23rd, 2013 17:00

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

The link below has steps to help resolve any issues you may be facing with scanning from the Dell 513W.

http://dell.to/13YH3lS

Hope this is helpful.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

April 23rd, 2013 19:00

Thanks Babita,

I'll check it out. I appreciate the quick reply..

April 23rd, 2013 19:00

Babita,

The only thing the link says about my problem is to be certain that the computer and printer are linked through the wireless. In my original post I stated the printer and computer work fine together in printing through my wireless network. They are next to one another in the same room. They simply will not talk to one another to scan.

Dave

1.3K Posts

April 25th, 2013 18:00

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

Please insert the Printer software disk > Click Install> on the next screen, Click Repair.

If this step  does not help, I would request you to un-install the Printer software and disable the anti-virus software on your computer. Ensure there are no documents in queue and then attempt to un-install the printer software. The printer should be powered off and disconnected from the computer. Reboot the computer, check that the previous printer program has been removed in the Control Panel. Once confirmed,  start a fresh install of the Printer Software.

When the printer software is re-installed and working fine, please re-enable the anti-virus program on your computer.

Hope this is helpful.

Please keep me posted with the results.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

April 29th, 2013 18:00

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

No Events found!