Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 22nd, 2014 14:00

P513W wifi connection problem

Hi

I have a Dell  P513W which I had not used for last 3 years. It was previously connected to a different network. I have a Dell inspiron 2320 with 64 bit Windows 8.1. I only use the windows defender as anti virus. I can connect the printer to PC but I'm unable to use it wirelessly. I have installed the latest driver for 64 bit windows 8 . However when I click wireless setup utility  under settings . I get a this "The system cannot find the file dlebina.ini"

I have misplaced the original CD.

Pls help !

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 22nd, 2014 14:00

dabral,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart your computer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

On the printer, click on the wrench. Look in the settings to reset the wireless adapter to factory settings and do so.

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 32-bit systems

Download the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 64-bit systems

Download the drivers from...

Dell P513w Wireless All-In-One Printer owners thread

Install the drivers in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode

Choose new installation, network and follow the instructions. You'll get prompted to connect the printer(powered on). It should prompt for your network SSID and password.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install any, then Windows Defender is the default. Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

Once the printer is working, we can discuss the options for scanning, faxing.

Rick

2 Posts

December 22nd, 2014 15:00

Hi.

Thanks for your prompt response. Its fixed now. I uninstalled it - rebooted and turned my windows defender off and then reinstalled. The wireless utility then worked without any errors.

Thanks

p.s : similar to your response but I managed to get it to work before reading the reply

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 23rd, 2014 12:00

dabral,

Glad you got it working! Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!