Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2014 08:00

P713 Printer Problems

First - for the last year at least the P713 almost always requires a  reboot or a desktop/laptop reboot or both before it will print, even if it printed a short time earlier. The Dell website indicates no driver updates are available. The error message on the PC screen says that the PC and the printer can not communicate. Problem has occurred with both wireless operation and USB connection. Not an IE 11 problem since version 8 installed on the desktop. 

Second, after last black cartridge replacement, now get a message on the printer that the communication with the cartridge is being interfered. No new wireless device has been placed near the printer. I have cleaned the print head contacts. I have to reboot and then it will print but  when the document is completed, the error message returns. 

June 3rd, 2014 16:00

Hi CRoo,

We regret for this trouble. There are few factors which would create such issues and we need to diagnose to check the exact issue. The issue can be caused due to Printer, Printer driver, wireless security, antivirus firewall, operating system or Print Spooler service which is a part of the operating system. However, you have mentioned that the issue persists with both laptop and your desktop. I presume the printer is connected to laptop through wireless and not sure about how it is connected to your desktop.

Please try the steps mentioned below and see if the issue gets fixed and let us know accordingly.

-  Use the printer operator panel and got setup menu

- Navigate and select Network Setup

- Select Reset Network Adapter defaults

- Select Yes and the printer should restart/if not please restart it manually.

- Once the printer comes back on kindly do the basic setup on the printer.

- Then uninstall the printer software and reinstall it from this link http://dell.to/1hXnXP7 and this driver is compatible for Windows 32 bit operating system and this link http://dell.to/U9OTGq provides you the driver for Windows 64 bit operating system. Update the driver accordingly and it should ideally work.

Hope this information helps.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 4th, 2014 04:00

CRoo,

Please continue with DELL-Arjun BV

It depends on your operating system. I would first run Delete Print Jobs before you uninstall, then restart the computer and reinstall the printer. A stuck print job in the queue will remain and still cause the same problem.

Just having Internet Explorer 11 install has cause printing problems with the Dell P and V model printers.

In the December batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

In most cases this resolved the problem. The other solution, to turn off the balloon tips(not recommended) has been another solution. I have not recommended turning off the balloon tips because you cannot see if you have a printing problem and the amount of ink left in the cartridges.

Rick

3 Posts

June 8th, 2014 13:00

The desktop is connected wirelessly to the printer.  Have tried steps above down to the point at which I should uninstall the software.  I cannot uninstall the software on either the desktop or laptop. I get the message that the printer is busy and wait until it stops printing.  Yet there is no jobs in the queue in either machine.  I tried going to c:/windows/system32/ spool/printers and deleting all files. This folder in the desktop had files present which I deleted. The same folder in the laptop had no files present.  I stil cannot uninstall the software.

The second problem with the error message about the black cartridge not being able to communicate was solved by replacing the cartridge. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 9th, 2014 09:00

CRoo,

Delete Print Jobs works if the printer is attached, a reboot is needed. Printer should not be busy if the computer is restarted. Most print jobs spool on the computer that is sending the print job.

The printer cannot be usb cable connected for removal.

To remove the printer, go to programs and features(add/remove programs on XP systems) your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

This would give you a clean start with installing the printer. If the printer was setup for wireless on another router, on the printer, there should be something under maintenance(little wrench) to reset the wireless adapter back to factory.

Did you try theses drivers? Since they also include XP drivers, did you try installing the drivers in the XP SP2 Compatibility mode? On Windows 7 operating systems and above, I have been recommending the Vista drivers installed in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode

XP/Vista/Windows 7 32-bit drivers

XP/Vista/Windows 7 64-bit drivers

Rick

3 Posts

June 9th, 2014 10:00

Didn't try the drivers since I could not uninstall the old driver.  Will try your suggestions when I get a chance.

No Events found!