Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 7th, 2010 18:00

P713 Printer

My new P713 printer was a breeze installing every thing and found my wireless with no problems.  I can not get it to print anything only blank pages.  I have tried all the  recommendations deep cleaning , power supply removal etc. everything scanning copy etc work even printing a demo page.  The pages are blank nothing zip. .Having trouble getting on line to support must be down ???  All my systems use Windows XP  .  Thinking of sending it back ????

Help

Don

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Don,

The make and model of your computer and operating system are helpful and how you're trying to connect the Dell P713 Printer to your computer.

Can you copy a document when you put it under the glass? B&W and color?

Rick

9 Posts

I have three laptops plus 1 pc.  All are windows XP and all are connected wireless.   The green light comes on so the printer sees the wireless.  But even using the touch screen it will not print a demo page so I am real sure its a printer problem not a computer.  And to answer the last part it does not matter color or B/W the pages are all blank .

Don

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 7th, 2010 20:00

Don,

If you cannot copy a document under the glass, then it sounds like a cartridge problem.

Dell Series 21, 24 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 21, 24 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It possible to get a Dell Series 21, 24 Cartridge with a bad sensor. Take back to place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

9 Posts

April 8th, 2010 15:00

This is a brand new printer from Dell.  I can see my ink levels and they are fine.  It wouldn't be both cartridges are bad brand new ????  It should of had some of the color ink on the paper ???

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 8th, 2010 16:00

Monradon,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer. Wait 60 seconds, then plug everything back in. This resets any error messages the printer is getting.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the black cartridge and make sure the tape is off, then reseat the black cartridge. Now do the same for the color cartridge. When you close the printer, it should print an alignment page. Any error messages?

The clue is if you cannot copy a document when you put it under the glass, then it's possible that it's a bad cartridge. If it still doesn't print a page when you copy a document under the glass, then contact Dell, since it's new.

Rick

9 Posts

April 8th, 2010 17:00

So its possible both cartridges are bad ??  If it has a bad sensor it wont print ??  I thought sensors were just  to show ink levels ??  The copy function I tried did not  show either color or B/W.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 8th, 2010 17:00

Monradon,

That is strange. When I first got my Dell V715w Wireless printer, I had an issue with the color cartridge. What happens is the printers can sit in a warehouse for a period of time. The ink cartridges are not really full that came with the printer, so they can dry out quicker. I replaced mine and it was ok. I think it was the same series cartridges as yours.

Since this is a new printer, I would recommend that you contact Dell. The may first try to send you replacement cartridges(real ones, not starter ones) and if that doesn't work, they should replace your printer, as long as you contact them within the set period of time.

Rick

9 Posts

April 9th, 2010 18:00

I just reread this post what tape ????   Both of mine when you opened the cartridges there was a hard plastic cover over both of them .   I know what you mean by tape. On one of  my old printers had the tape but did not see any on this cartridge ???

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 10th, 2010 11:00

monradon,

Yes, I know what you mean. Some have tape and some have the plastic. If you remove the plastic, make sure the round circle on the bottom is not blocked and you will need to printer some type of alignment page in order to get the ink flowing.

If you can copy a document under the glass, then it has to do with communications from the computer to the printer.

Rick

9 Posts

April 10th, 2010 17:00

Wouldnt print a test page be the same as trying to copy something ???  I can do that without the PC.   Got ink on fingers so and can see levels on the screen without the pc .

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 11th, 2010 12:00

monradon,

If you can print a document when you put it under the glass, then it's not a printer issue.

Which leaves a communications problem from the printer to the computer

or

A driver issue. P713w Wireless All-In-One Printer owners thread

Sorry, I cannot reference the information in this forums a quickly as I used to. The new format is hampering information, so sorry if I keep repeating myself.

Virus programs and firewalls also hinder printer communications.

There were issues with theses items, maybe you have one of these.

Dell Studio™ 1536 Is Unable to Print Documents and uninstall NVIDIA's Network Access Manager

Rick

9 Posts

April 11th, 2010 18:00

Yes I think its a printer problem also.  Tomorrow going to check with dell chat if I can get on.  I get error messages when I try to use the chat .  I am trying to figure out if its me or Dell ????

1 Message

August 6th, 2013 15:00

My new P713 printer was a breeze installing every thing and found my wireless with no problems.  I can not get it to print anything only blank pages.  I have tried all the  recommendations deep cleaning , power supply removal etc. everything scanning copy etc work even printing a demo page.  The pages are blank nothing zip. .Having trouble getting on line to support must be down ???  All my systems use Windows XP  .  Thinking of sending it back ????

Help

Don

No Events found!