Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Q

June 8th, 2009 18:00

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

i Have a Dell 1320c Laser printer and since I bought it I keep getting error 024-910 says paper doesnt match tray size or somethng....I am using regular size paper and I called Dell customer service when I first installed it and tech helped me but we now formatted the computer and im getting the error again, I called and this time no one could help me and i dont remember how to fix it all I know is he had me change something in printing preferences and turned off the printer and all fixed...Can someone give me a step by step on how to fix this

1.7K Posts

June 10th, 2009 07:00

This is a very common error and is caused by a "paper size mismatch".

What this means: The paper size set for the printer and the paper size being sent by the print job do not match.

Use the "toolbox" to examine the paper size settings for the printer.

Open the application you're printing from and make sure the paper size matches that shown for the printer. If the paper sizes do not match, you WILL get this error.

Given this info, you have enough to fix this yourself.

Good luck.

15 Posts

January 18th, 2011 13:00

This is a very common error and is caused by a "paper size mismatch".

What this means: The paper size set for the printer and the paper size being sent by the print job do not match.

Use the "toolbox" to examine the paper size settings for the printer.

Open the application you're printing from and make sure the paper size matches that shown for the printer. If the paper sizes do not match, you WILL get this error.

Given this info, you have enough to fix this yourself.

Good luck.

this problem also just cropped up for me - no changes were made to settings and it won't stop - every so many pages I have to open drawer and then close it again for printer to continue printing - does anyone know steps to do a manual reset back to factory settings - hoping maybe this will help as I can find nowhere on the web management page to fix it   all printer settings are set to plain letter size paper  -

2 Posts

March 11th, 2014 19:00

This error occurs every time I try to Print. The paper size is set to 8.5x11 from my computer. but the display says it is set to print at 8.3x11.7. The printer ask me to insert the correct size and place it in the tray. It will print the page or pages but with the error. After it prints the error comes back. Also as soon as it prints it ask me to insert the correct size paper again. When I do it prints the last print job without me selecting anything. As long as I put paper in the tray it continues to print the last job. I have to turn off the printer to stop the jobs. This happens with no print job in the cue.

105 Posts

March 12th, 2014 03:00

Paper mismatch error usually happens when the automatically detected tray is not loaded with the correct size or type of paper.You can try one of these tips:

1. Change the printer's paper settings.

2. Print by Form Feed (Change the tray).

3. Cancel the print job.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 12th, 2014 12:00

Ardius,

The settings for the paper size is important on the printer.

I have seen this with a Microsoft Word document that the page was setup to use Legal paper. Copy and paste the document to a new Document.

Run Delete Print Jobs then restart the computer to make sure the print job was removed.

Rick

No Events found!