Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2009 05:00

Photo 924 Alignment Problem

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium operating system on a DELL Inspiron 530 desktop computer.  Recently I replaced my DELL ink cartridges with ones manufactured by EnviroInks.com.  No problems for first week, but since then the printer will not print black.  Everytime I try to align the ink cartridges now, the printer displays the following message:  "Alignment problem.  Remove tape from cartridges or check troubleshooting."  I have removed the tape from the refilled cartridges and continue to get the "Alignment problem" message.  Trouble shooting  using the Owner's Manual and the DELL website has not addressed the problem.  Any suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 7th, 2009 13:00

orndjo,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 5 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 5 color cartridge.

Close the printer. It should print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)         color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

If these ink cartridges are new, then take them to the place of purchase for a refund or replacements. If they're old, then try purchasing a new Dell Series 5 ink cartridge.

Rick

No Events found!