Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 15th, 2007 18:00

Photo printing problems

Hello,I am having a problem with my Dell 720 inkjet printer. It's not very old but out of warrenty! It used to print great photos that I have stored but now they come out light and miscolored? It started towards the end of the starter cartridges and I have new ones in it now so I'm stumped!Anyone that knows how to solve this would be much appreciated!

1.4K Posts

October 15th, 2007 23:00

When you don't use your ink carts for a while, when you get new ink carts that have been stored in warehouses for a number of months, or when you have refilled a slightly too dry ink cart, the print head nozzles on the bottom of the ink carts get clogged inside with dried ink. The printer head cleaner menu will NOT dissolve the dried ink inside of the nozzles. Water will. Try this. Soak the bottom of the clogged ink cart in 1/2 inch of warm water for 15 minutes. Blot dry with clean paper towel. Also wipe the electrical contacts on the back of the ink cart. Retry.

1.4K Posts

October 15th, 2007 23:00

When you don't use your ink carts for a while, when you get new ink carts that have been stored in warehouses for a number of months, or when you have refilled a slightly too dry ink cart, the print head nozzles on the bottom of the ink carts get clogged inside with dried ink. The printer head cleaner menu will NOT dissolve the dried ink inside of the nozzles. Water will. Try this. Soak the bottom of the clogged ink cart in 1/2 inch of hot water for 15 minutes. Blot dry with clean paper towel. Also wipe the electrical contacts on the back of the ink cart. Retry.

October 16th, 2007 10:00

Thx for the info willam_the_scot. The cartridges that are in the printer now are new,print letters etc.perfect. The test page also comes out great. The problem started towards the end of using the starter cartridges with photos only? Great info on cleaning I will try that also!
No Events found!