Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2011 20:00

Photo926 aligment problem/saying tape on cartridge - its not

I have a Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 926 and have had no probs for the last few years until I changed my black cartridge last week  (Series 9 MK990). It said that it there was a cartridge error and to change the cartridge as it was an unsupported cartridge. I contacted Dell who sent me a replacement cartridge (same kind).

Now when I put that cartridge in that error doesnt come up but after the printing alignment process it said "Alignment problem. Remove tape from cartridge or check troubleshooting." There is no tape on the cartridge (I have triple checked this).

Can someone please help. My printer is no longer under warranty and I want to fix the prob asap.

?????

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 27th, 2011 20:00

megsub,

Sounds like you may have gotten another Dell Series 9 ink cartridge with a bad sensor...

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 9 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 9 color cartridge.

You are using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges, correct?

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side) 

It is possible to get a Dell Series 9 cartridge with a bad sensor. Contact the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

8 Posts

December 26th, 2015 12:00

Im having the same problem and ive tried EVERYTHING to fix it with no change. :(

January 11th, 2016 13:00

i have done every thing you said  pulled the plugs ckecked both cartridges. nothing happend still wont print.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 12th, 2016 09:00

charlestthomas,

If you recently purchased Dell Series 9 ink cartridges, take them back for replacement cartridges or a refund.

Rick

No Events found!