Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

August 2nd, 2007 15:00

Print Sharing will not work.

I have been trying for weeks to get print sharing to work.  Finally I installed Network Magic and can finally see the printer on both PC's but still cannot print from the remote PC.  Here are the facts:
PC1 is a Dell Dimension Desktop with XP Home Edition SP2.
Printer is an AIO 922 connected to PC1.
PC2 is a Toshiba Laptop with Windows Vista Basic.
PC2 appears to be looking for a driver and cannot find it.  I downloaded the Vista Printer Software from Dell site to PC2 but that did not seem to work.  PC2 sees the printer, tries to connect and tries to download drivers.
Is there something else I should do?  Should I download Vista drivers again to PC2?  Can the 922 actually be networked? 

1.8K Posts

August 3rd, 2007 16:00

In all my experience with Dell multi-functional printers, I have never been able to configure the Dell printer software to work remotely without the aid of a wireless print server. Even then, I've only come across the Dell 3300 print adapter that wirelessly supports more than just the print function of a Dell MFP. My advice would be to get rid of the 922, buy a 3300 print adapter and a MFP that the 3300 supports and go on from there...
Dell 3300

P.S. If you do what I suggest, buy the 3300 from an online vendor(eBay, AscendTech, etc.) for inexpensive pricing.

Message Edited by MRF4700 on 08-03-2007 10:04 AM
No Events found!