Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2003 02:00

Print spooler want start

I have an Inspiron 2600 and before I went on vacation it was hooked up and working to a Lexmark X74-X75 printer.  I got the blaster worm while on vacation and my son placed a patch and we got the lastest Norton Anti-Virus placed on the laptop.  While on vacation I bought a cheap printer to use and had to uninstall my Lexmark X74-75.  Upon arriving home I uninstalled cheap printer and have tried to re-install the Lexmark X74-75.  My CD starts up runs for a few seconds and then I get a window that says spooler not running do you wish to run now?  I click yes but nothing happens.  I went to administrator clicked on services then on Print spooler it was on automatic and stopped every time I clicked start I got a message that said dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.  I went to the dependencies for print spooler and it gave one Remote Procedure Call (RPC).  I went to RPC it showed it was on automatic and started.  I have tried doing these on manuel with no success.  I have gone to many websites and with no help.  I have talked to Dell support and they sent me to a website that was called symantec.com and there was a removal tool that would repair any damage done by the blaster, didn't work.  I tried to see if any old drivers were still showing that needed to be deleted but it would not let me in because the spooler was not running.  I am so frustrated can anyone out there help me solve this problem??  Thank you.  Kuester

4 Posts

January 20th, 2004 19:00

I have Dell A920 .My printer is gone.I tried to re-install it.I am told my spooler is not there.Please tell me how to find my spooler service

4 Posts

January 21st, 2004 03:00

Dear Kuester   I have been going thru the same thing for months.Neither Dell-MSN nor AOL could help.I spent the night on the PC and I got it.

1press start     2 press run   3 write  msconfig and  press OK

system configuration   will appear.4.Press services  5 SCAN down the list until you see  PRINT SPOOLER    make sure it is checked and running   6 click enable all click OK     YOU GOT IT!!  Let me know how it worked out.

4 Posts

March 1st, 2004 00:00

In services my spooler is shown as "running" while if I click properties on the printer it says it is "not running"

Windows XP pro

Thanks

June 17th, 2004 21:00

Hi,

I have the same problem as you only I have an inspiron 600m. MY spooler claims to have stopped!  Did you ever find a soulution? If you do please let me know!

THanks,

Frustrated Too

June 17th, 2004 22:00

Dear OLesing,

I followed your directions, and found the spooler, but how to you get the Print spooler running if it says stopped? Need more detail.  THank you so much!

Jokester79

September 10th, 2004 01:00

I have also foung that in msconfig you need to check the box marked LexBceServer or the spooler will not work.  Hope this helps you all.   I have been having problems for several days now and finally got where I needed using msconfig.  Thanks for the help.

1 Message

September 13th, 2004 22:00

i have the same errors with the print spooler not running and all, but when i go into the services, there is no print spooler... its just not there

1 Message

September 21st, 2004 12:00

I have A940 all in one printer.  It is no longer there.  I tried to reinstall and it tells me the spool server can not be located and if I want to re-start it.  I answer yes and it still does not let me re-install.  Please let me know how to reinstall my spool server.

Thank you

1 Message

September 24th, 2004 16:00

I'm trying to figure out how to read answers to responses on this site.  My A920 printer/scanner is gone!  The computer won't let me reinstall it.  Help!  Thanks.

18 Posts

January 13th, 2005 22:00

I'm having the same problem. My brother was here for a couple of weeks while I was out of town. He said that I had a bunch of "junk" running in the backround. I think he shut it off. Now I don't have a printer installed and when I try to "add a printer" I get a "Operation could not be completed" error. While reading this post I went to msconfig/services and the print spooler is checked but it is not running. I tried un-checking and re-checking but that didn't work. Also I tried to do a system restore to a date before my brother showed up and I am unable to do a restore. I have a dimension 4500 and a Dell A960 all in one printer. I'm running XP pro.

When I intalled the software disc for the printer to re-install the driver I got the following error message.

16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose ‘Close’ to terminate the application.

Please advise.

Thanks.

January 13th, 2005 23:00

Ben,

Hi! I would like to advise you in your problem, but unfortunately, I have not yet solved my problem. Apparently no one in the entire world can fix our problem. Several people in this community forum, have the same problem or very similar, and have yet to fix it. I took all the same steps you did. I have checked and unchecked print spooler. I have reinstalled, drivers and printer etc. No luck. I am at a loss! So, I hope you have better luck than I do and if you find a cure PLEASE let me know!

Thanks!!!

What kind of printer is it? Mine is a Lexmark Z22.

18 Posts

January 15th, 2005 17:00

Ben:

You need a fresh copy of the autoexec.nt file.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

I had that problem too.

Hope this helps.

Well, I just solved my spooler error.

I had to have that LexBce Server thing checked in Services.

Then I could manually start the print spooler.

January 18th, 2005 21:00

click on the start menu click run type in msconfig click okay click on services tab scroll down and make sure LesBceServer is checked. This will start you spooler.

Message Edited by nachoscarol on 01-18-2005 05:54 PM

1 Message

February 19th, 2005 20:00

i don't know if you will see this but you saved me a TON of time and effort when reloading my printer after a hard drive problem.  Your directions were clear and worked the first time.  THANKS so much

March 27th, 2005 05:00

I do not have a LesBce... or an LeBce.  The spooler is not running it is stopped.  It will not restart.
this thing is ignorant is S**KS.

No Events found!