Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2009 12:00

Printer 1235cn

I just bought a 1235cn dell printer and I cant get it installed in Windows 7.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I run the install and it looks like it installes correctly but when I try to print to the printer it says no printer is installed.

Please help

Thanks

11 Posts

I Couldn't find one. I tried the vista drivers and thats when I have the problem

• 

17K Posts

akitchens3,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Did you install a Windows 7 driver for this printer?

1.7K Posts

June 2nd, 2009 13:00

Dell has not released Windows-7 on any of its products yet...... and they typically don't release any drivers for a new O/S until that O/S has been released.

8 Posts

July 17th, 2009 23:00

I have Windows 7 (64-bit) installed on one of my PC's and the 1235cn connected to my network.  I originally tried Dell's 64-bit Vista print driver but it said that it was "not compatible with this Operating System" and would not install at all.  I went to Samsung's website and downloaded the 64-bit printer driver for the CLX-3175FN since the 1235cn is basically the same All-In-One.  Despite a warning stating that the driver might not be compatible with the printer, it worked as expected.  I also tried installing the scanner driver and the Smart Panel Application but these did not install properly... I'm going to try a few more things when I get time but for now, at least, I can print...

No Events found!