Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 23rd, 2012 10:00

Printer 924 aio - Loud banging noise from carrier - Error Message says to clear carrier jam

Printer had been working fine. Today when I attempted using it, I powered printer on and the carrier slammed into both walls of the printer and said that I had a carrier jam. I opened the printer, did visual inspections, and tried again. Same thing. I cycled power to reset printer. Same thing. After reading several posts from other users, I cleaned the encoder strip as instructed in posts. I did use both a clean lint-free cloth as well as alcohol when cleaning the encoder strip. There was some ink on there that I believe is now gone. Same thing. I've also made sure that the encoder strip is routed correctly through the carrier so it is being read properly. I've also looked at both ends of the encoder strip to make sure it is attached correctly at the ends.

Currently, when I turn the printer on, the carrier races from left (bam) and then back to right (bam), and holds there with the error message. To move the carrier, I have to power off and dig it out to move it. Suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 23rd, 2012 11:00

rivop,

Thye second thread in the Cleaning the encoder strip (Loud bang from printer carriage) thread, explains on how to attach the encoder strip. It sounds like it came off. The loud banging is the clue.

Did you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds to remove the error messages?

Rick

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2012 11:00

No, the encoder strip has not come off, nor has it been removed. I assumed this was the problem because I noticed some other users had a dirty encoder strip....so I cleaned mine. It is also routed correctly. Yes, I cycled the power for over 15 minutes while I was cleaning the encoder strip. I still have the same problem.

No Events found!