Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 18th, 2014 12:00

Printer Carrier Stall

I replaced the ink cartridges in my 968 All-In-One printer, and now it won't even print the alignment page properly.  The sound when it is trying to do this is horrendous as the cartridges reach either side of the printer, and the alignment page gets about 3/4 of the way printed before I get the "Printer Carrier Stall" message.  The alignment page that does print is significantly out of alignment, with over an inch of variability on the margins.  When I get the "Printer Carrier Stall" message, there is nothing inside obstructing the printer at all.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  I have taken both ink cartridges out to check for tape or inconsistencies and they appear completely normal from the outside and are absolutely in the right slots.  Any ideas?

Anji

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2014 15:00

Anji,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Remove the power brick for 30 seconds. This will reset any error message the printer is getting.

I have this article, Cleaning the encoder strip (Loud bang from printer carriage) but it probable won't help.

This article has a few other members that got this solved. Carrier Stall Error on a Dell™ Inkjet Printer

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 21st, 2014 10:00

3 Posts

June 22nd, 2014 08:00

Hi Rick,

Unfortunately that didn't help.  The lids are in place (I've checked about 20 times), and the encoder strip didn't seem to be out of place, it was well-seated in slot in the back of the ink cartridge carrier.  The only thing I have accomplished is now the error message is reached much earlier in the alignment process. 

Anji

3 Posts

June 22nd, 2014 20:00

Well I did the unplugging and removing of the power brick...didn't help.

I took a dry paper towel (I know, not lint free, but that's what I had) and really wiped the encoder strip until it squeaked at me and now it's working!  Thanks!

Anji

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 24th, 2014 10:00

Anji,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!